Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 4

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭WillFerrell93

Well lads fair play yo yas.. Its some achievement to be down there and starting on Monday.. murraychrisg how are you finding it down there? Are you enjoying it? Do you find it hard only coming home on the weekends and stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ollieo

I did my interview on Monday, found it very tough being honest, not sure if I impressed or not.

I was told 3 weeks for the interview results, but everyone is being told different. Was also told that my foreign addresses (USA and Australia) in form B will delay my vetting by a few months more than likely.

I'm far more anxious after the interview than after Stage 3!

Yeah well stakes are even higher now really after stage 4.. We are so close and to lose out at this stage would be really horrible
    Ah thats crap! Wont be October so
    Why do you feel like you didnt impress?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Ciaran20041329

I was told 2-3 then 5 ? I was told the interviews were going very well? What that meant I don't know

I was told we could be waiting 6 weeks at the end of mine and then I was told 3 weeks when I went in to deal with the form B.
    My stomach Has been in a knot since Monday. Plus one of my mates just passed student stage and another one is starting the 27th. I've never been this anxious.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ollieo

Yeah well stakes are even higher now really after stage 4.. We are so close and to lose out at this stage would be really horrible
    Ah thats crap! Wont be October so
    Why do you feel like you didnt impress?

Looking back on it I feel like I was repeating myself alot and a few times I think I went on a bit of a tangent and didn't really answer their question.

Did my best just have to wait now.

• Advertisement

ollieo wrote: »
    Looking back on it I feel like I was repeating myself alot and a few times I think I went on a bit of a tangent and didn't really answer their question.

Did my best just have to wait now.

Yeah I felt the same to be honest. Its hard not to repeat yourself though because a lot of the competencies will roll into each other. If you are serving the public in a particular way you can also be showing commitment to the role you know. As you said we have done our best so its a waiting game now. If all goes well we could be starting in October.. Crazy thought!

Yeah I felt the same to be honest. Its hard not to repeat yourself though because a lot of the competencies will roll into each other. If you are serving the public in a particular way you can also be showing commitment to the role you know. As you said we have done our best so its a waiting game now. If all goes well we could be starting in October.. Crazy thought!

All we can do is hope for the best lads. Quad hard to concentrate on Anything since Monday though, this has been occupying my thoughts all week.....
    Never know though, we could be All one happy bunch of lads in 4 weeks.

All we can do is hope for the best lads. Quad hard to concentrate on Anything since Monday though, this has been occupying my thoughts all week.....
    Never know though, we could be All one happy bunch of lads in 4 weeks.

Literally all Ive thought about!! Be bloody hoping it wont take 4 weeks haha I have a feeling we will get results in the week of the 16th.. Should I say im hoping cause they are doing medicals the week of the 26th and someone did say that we can be expecting only a weeks notice before being called to medical if we do pass so hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

Will some one tell me this. Whats the story with the OOM and when did it start from. Are the people who were low down in the OOM already in the college and if so from what number up are still doing the stages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Dublingirl88

thekopend wrote: »
    Will some one tell me this. Whats the story with the OOM and when did it start from. Are the people who were low down in the OOM already in the college and if so from what number up are still doing the stages.

I'm mid 500's and am quite hopeful to be in the college for the October intake :)

Edit: I know people 20 places ahead of me starting today and some after me also starting today, my vetting has held me up.

• Advertisement

Ok so depending on how many done interview would we be in between 600 and 900 or something similar? Does your OOM come with confirmation that you passed?

Ok so depending on how many done interview would we be in between 600 and 900 or something similar? Does your OOM come with confirmation that you passed?

Yes the OOM is essentially another panel that the Garda HRM have of people who have passed their interview and are being passed from PAS to them to then go forward for vetting, medical and physical.

Once these are all completed and passed you get called to Templemore in order from the OOM.

My message from public jobs (back in April) said the first 300 had been called forward from Group 1 ie have been accepted to college, and that 300-451 were people still waiting to be placed or re-do medicals/physicals or have vetting completed etc out of group 2, and our group who had sat the stage 3 supervised test was the 3rd group being brought forward and started at 451 on the OOM.

Hope this makes sense!! :rolleyes:

Yes the OOM is essentially another panel that the Garda HRM have of people who have passed their interview and are being passed from PAS to them to then go forward for vetting, medical and physical.

Once these are all completed and passed you get called to Templemore in order from the OOM.

My message from public jobs (back in April) said the first 300 had been called forward from Group 1 ie have been accepted to college, and that 300-451 were people still waiting to be placed or re-do medicals/physicals or have vetting completed etc out of group 2, and our group who had sat the stage 3 supervised test was the 3rd group being brought forward and started at 451 on the OOM.

Hope this makes sense!! :rolleyes:

Okay think I got it.. So even if you pass the interview you could be waiting a while before you are called to do the medical and PCT?

Okay think I got it.. So even if you pass the interview you could be waiting a while before you are called to do the medical and PCT?

Possibly, it really depends how people are doing ahead of you, I think the 2nd group brought forward had a lot of no show's and a high fail rate amongst them hence why that group only resulted in 150 or so on the OOM,

I will stress this is all assumptions on my part so if anyone knows something else to be true please say so!

But I have no clue what number on the OOM my grouping went up to as the public jobs message only gave details on where we started on the OOM.

Dont have an OOM unfortunately just trying to get an idea how many of the OOM are out of the picture/already in college and how many are still in the process. I want to know how many candidates HR have left to play with at the moment, to get an idea when they will need to bring forward more to keep a steady flow.

I would love to know what the numbers are for people waiting i.e people who have passed everything and are just waiting for their place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭Turbo T

Lads to be honest your order of merit goes out the window once you're handed over from PAS.

Its down to your vetting after that. Lads in my intake were in single digits on their order of merit but because of vetting or other delays they didn't make the first intake.

Try not get too flustered with it.

Turbo T wrote: »
    Lads to be honest your order of merit goes out the window once you're handed over from PAS.

Its down to your vetting after that. Lads in my intake were in single digits on their order of merit but because of vetting or other delays they didn't make the first intake.

Try not get too flustered with it.

Thanks Turbo!
    Could easy come back in a few weeks that I am not true and OOM wont affect me haha
    Are you in the college at the moment?

Ok i get it now. So there is another batch who are waiting on results from interview who will join the OOM aswell. There could be about 400 left in the process from band 1 so.

Thanks Turbo!
    Could easy come back in a few weeks that I am not true and OOM wont affect me haha
    Are you in the college at the moment?

Finished up on Thursday Will.

Don't say that. Wait and see. You could be firing on all cylinders in a few weeks

• Advertisement

Ah Deadly so your stationed and all now! How did you find it down in Templemore? I know what it is like from the Reserves but regarding actually being down there for 8 months did you find it difficult?

Ah Deadly so your stationed and all now! How did you find it down in Templemore? I know what it is like from the Reserves but regarding actually being down there for 8 months did you find it difficult?

Yea stationed and all Will. Its grand. You get used to it. Its just about keeping busy. Make use of the gym and make friends and some study too.

There's plenty to do to keep you going and ticking over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Turbo T wrote: »
    Yea stationed and all Will. Its grand. You get used to it. Its just about keeping busy. Make use of the gym and make friends and some study too.

There's plenty to do to keep you going and ticking over

Did anyone pair off down there ? 😠❤️

Did many in your phase get Dublin? And did people who are from Dublin get Dublin or other counties? I dont know if you have a girlfriend/wife or anything like that but if you do how did they find it? Sorry for all questions just great to get advice from someone who has experienced it :) Much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 FearNaFinne

Had my interview last week and the more I think about it the worse I feel, very disappointed to say the least!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 itsmeimback

Yeah so I reckon Medical will be towards the end of August with the guys who have dates of around the 26th of August. So we should be finding out around 16th - 19th of August

Hi, Where did you get the date of the 26th for the medicals, were you told this at interview stage?

Hi, Where did you get the date of the 26th for the medicals, were you told this at interview stage?

No just from absolutely trolling the forms haha the people who passed interviews just before we done ours were given a date of the 26th for Medicals.. So I am only assuming.. That they will prob put us in at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 17 itsmeimback

No just from absolutely trolling the forms haha the people who passed interviews just before we done ours were given a date of the 26th for Medicals.. So I am only assuming.. That they will prob put us in at the same time

Arite, was worried I missed something. it would all happen very fast after the interview results are out.

Yeah it will.. Especially if they are going to be taking people from this round of interviews for the October intake.. Suppose all we can do is wait and see

• Advertisement

Had my interview last week and the more I think about it the worse I feel, very disappointed to say the least!

I had mine Monday gone and I'm still rattled. We're all in the same boat, I keep replaying mine and freaking out but its done. We just have to wait. Agonizingly long. 😭

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭ELJeff

I had mine Monday gone and I'm still rattled. We're all in the same boat, I keep replaying mine and freaking out but its done. We just have to wait. Agonizingly long. 😭

Guys Don't let it get to you, I thought I hadn't done well, I was sure the PAS woman had disliked me but I ended up in the top twenty of my OOM, Not saying everyone will be the same but, there is no point getting down about it till you know, chin up and be hopeful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭cruiser202006

Does vetting start before Garda hrm know wether a candidate is progressing to stage 5 or not?

Does vetting start before Garda hrm know wether a candidate is progressing to stage 5 or not?

They start when you have passed the interview as far as I am aware, however I was contacted from HRM before I knew I passed my interview about needing more details from different relatives address wise etc, so they do check your form B once they get it for any obvious things that are missing or not sufficient so that when and if you pass the interview the vetting can be started without delay.

They start when you have passed the interview as far as I am aware, however I was contacted from HRM before I knew I passed my interview about needing more details from different relatives address wise etc, so they do check your form B once they get it for any obvious things that are missing or not sufficient so that when and if you pass the interview the vetting can be started without delay.

Yeah I had to give extra details regarding a relative.. I had to send them an email with it.. And they said that what I sent was sufficient.. I read somewhere that they know on the day whether you passed or not that its just PAS that have to tell us all at the same time.. So would they have already started checks before we know if we passed or not?

I won't take it as having passed!! I'll cut down on the steaks for last few days of holidays tho just in case!!

• Advertisement

I won't take it as having passed!! I'll cut down on the steaks for last few days of holidays tho just in case!!

Oh no not at all! They told me straight away at the interview I needed to send it.. Would like to know if they start the process straight away though because if they are looking for October intake doesn't leave a lot of time.. I am opposite scale cruiser I need to have an extra steak or two! haha

Oh no not at all! They told me straight away at the interview I needed to send it.. Would like to know if they start the process straight away though because if they are looking for October intake doesn't leave a lot of time.. I am opposite scale cruiser I need to have an extra steak or two! haha

I doubt they would put the resources into vetting someone if there is a chance they aren't through, but they probably know soon enough if you have passed to get the ball rolling but as PAS have to tell everyone together we don't hear as soon as HRM do.

I'll contact them today anyway just to explain no contact with few people I've no details for. Keep the ball rolling!

I'll contact them today anyway just to explain no contact with few people I've no details for. Keep the ball rolling!

Yeah thats what I was thinking.. I sent it on few hours after the interview cause didnt want it to delay it in any way.. Yeah would be a bit silly vetting people who didnt pass.. God I would just love to get a message from Publicjobs now saying check my messages ha Can keep on dreaming I think.. Would love a date as to when we will hear

I done the same that night but the e-mail postman must've lost it! Ya my thoughts too

• Advertisement

haha have you been working on anything for medical and fitness just in case?

Small fortune being spent on teeth but was gonna have to be done either ways!! Other Dan dat just out for runs. Not much time dis week for it but will be straight back to it wen I get back

haha have you been working on anything for medical and fitness just in case?
    Small fortune being spent on teeth but was gonna have to be done either ways!! Other Dan dat just out for runs. Not much time dis week for it but will be straight back to it wen I get back

I'd recommend downloading the Beep test app in preparation rather than just running, as its the stopping and turning between the two points that kills you, only way to train for that is to do it every evening, literally takes less than 10 mins to do so it's easy to fit into your evening routine, and press ups and sit ups are all about practice too!

Really?? Yeah I need an owl trip to the dentist as well but havent booked anything yet.. What exactly have ya been getting done? Yeah the Beep Test will be the hardest part I reckon.. Was always good at them in school but its been a few years now since that so gonna need to start practicing again I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Blueandwhite15

What do they vet your relatives for ? We were told at our stage 3 that not to worry it was mainly for stations. I got all their addresses but I'm not in contact with a few I've no idea what they get up to.
    I read here earlier that someone's sister was up for high end theft but he was starting in templemore.
    I'd also recommend doing the bleep it's free on app store well worth doing.
    I'm dying here waiting for results. Constantly refreshing and checking

What do they vet your relatives for ? We were told at our stage 3 that not to worry it was mainly for stations. I got all their addresses but I'm not in contact with a few I've no idea what they get up to.

Yea I am not in touch with one side of my family, but it's terrorism, serious drug dealing and convictions of assaulting a member of the force that they are watching for apparently which although my relatives wouldn't be perfect citizens they would be guilty of any of those so I am hoping that's me ok!

Really?? Yeah I need an owl trip to the dentist as well but havent booked anything yet.. What exactly have ya been getting done? Yeah the Beep Test will be the hardest part I reckon.. Was always good at them in school but its been a few years now since that so gonna need to start practicing again I think!
    got all wisdom teeth out few days before stage 3 so getting a few fillings sorted out at the moment whenever I can get bookings!

Ah cool.. I need a check up havent been in years.. Done the medical for the reserves and the only thing that was said to me was regarding my gums.. So hopefully nothing has worsened since then

Ah cool.. I need a check up havent been in years.. Done the medical for the reserves and the only thing that was said to me was regarding my gums.. So hopefully nothing has worsened since then
    Be worth getting them checked as I thought mine were grand! Had no problems wit them! But he did say it'd be a doctor checking them who wudnt see what he'd see

Yeah defo think ill book it.. was gonna wait for interview result but I should get it done anyway I think

• Advertisement
Advertisement