Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 4

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

Raider you should politely leave

your nothing but trouble

you wont be near that college anytime in the future

• Site Banned Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Raider190

jamesr123 wrote: »
    Raider I hope your not in the running mate.. You'll eventually be killed. And not by criminals but probably by other guards who have to work with you..

Am already a member and it hasn't happened yet,,,,, and you are????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

Raider190 wrote: »
    Am already a member and it hasn't happened yet,,,,, and you are????????

Your not a member of AGS, you are a reserve Garda(supposedly), two different organisations

WilcoOut wrote: »
    Your an out and out liar

stop clogging up this thread

its for GENUINE candidates in stage 4

Relax man you will give your self a heart attack. And keep your comments to yourself. Will see you or not at the college and we can discuss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭timwynne

billie1b wrote: »
    Your not a member of AGS, you are a reserve Garda(supposedly), two different organisations

That is incorrect billie1b

Same organisation - different rank

You are correct in saying that there are two different police organisations on this island - AGS and PSNI

Garda rank structure in descending order

Commissioner
    Deputy Commissioner
    Assistant Commissioner
    Chief Superintendent
    Superintendent
    Inspector
    Sergeant
    Garda
    Reserve Garda

source: garda.ie/Controller.aspx?Page=19&Lang=1

I hope Kersplat will come in here now and police this thread!

• Advertisement

Couldnt be more wrong billie

i know you want to give raider a kicking but atleast do it with some class

Couldnt be more wrong billie

i know you want to give raider a kicking but atleast do it with some class

I meant rankings, not organisation, sorry.

Raider you should politely leave

your nothing but trouble

you wont be near that college anytime in the future

Time will tell we all have the same chance some will have better experience and more relevant experience but it will come down to interview performance and remember it is a comoandancy base interview, the best way to approach it is practise. Am doing mine with both my brother and uncle and it is tough

timwynne wrote: »
    That is incorrect billie1b

Same organisation - different rank

You are correct in saying that there are two different police organisations on this island - AGS and PSNI

Garda rank structure in descending order

Commissioner
    Deputy Commissioner
    Assistant Commissioner
    Chief Superintendent
    Superintendent
    Inspector
    Sergeant
    Garda
    Reserve Garda

source: garda.ie/Controller.aspx?Page=19&Lang=1

Correct, I meant ranking not organisation, you'll have to excuse me, horrible sinus and throat infection

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Chem Lord

Time will tell we all have the same chance some will have better experience and more relevant experience but it will come down to interview performance and remember it is a comoandancy base interview, the best way to approach it is practise. Am doing mine with both my brother and uncle and it is tough

'Comoandancy' based interview? I think you mean 'competency'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭cynicalcough

Raider can I ask why you think 31% of your class got through as opposed to 1% of all applicants. Though I'm sure being a reserve will help with the interview I can't see how it would have helped with standardised testing to explain this remarkable statistics. Coincidence or shenanigans? This is the question

Your not a member of AGS
    you are a reserve Garda(supposedly), two different organisations

Incorrect Billie every member is issued with a badge and an I'd card and details the name rank and photo
    Reserves recieve their badge upon their attestation and swearing in ceremony

Raider can I ask why you think 31% of your class got through as opposed to 1% of all applicants. Though I'm sure being a reserve will help with the interview I can't see how it would have helped with standardised testing to explain this remarkable statistics. Coincidence or shenanigans? This is the question

It's a fair question but out of this group 3 have masters in economics and biology. The remainder are all graduates. So a very clever bunch and highly competitive

Incorrect Billie every member is issued with a badge and an I'd card and details the name rank and photo

Just stop

you manage to infect every thread on here

999 call to kersplat

Chem Lord wrote: »
    'Comoandancy' based interview? I think you mean 'competency'.

You are of course correct posting on my phone and the screen is very small

You remind me of a AGS member from Blanch, he was a pompous prat, full of himself and thought he knew better than members with double digits of service in the force. He needed to be taken down a peg or two and thats exactly what happened, he's not a member anymore

Well not all reserves are perfect much like all full time members. You do seem to be communicating a poor understanding of the reserve but this is not unusual.

Just stop

you manage to infect every thread on here

999 call to kersplat

Wilco I didn't start abusing you and calling you names. Please calm down we are all entitled to our opinion but we need to keep it civil

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭cynicalcough

It's a fair question but out of this group 3 have masters in economics and biology. The remainder are all graduates. So a very clever bunch and highly competitive

No I'm not swallowing that, masters degrees are ten a penny, I have one myself wouldn't explain such a massive percentage jump at all.

I'm interested to see how long you're going to maintain this, of course you'll (fictionally) pass the next stages (you're a reserve after all) will you post your (fictional) experiences in templemore? How will you find your (fictional) transition from reserve to real garda? Can't say I understand your motivations but it sure is entertaining.

Well not all reserves are perfect much like all full time members. You do seem to be communicating a poor understanding of the reserve but this is not unusual.

No no, I don't have a poor understanding of the reserves, I respect them just as much as AGS, its just some 'reserves' who think they are better than others.
    Your attitude has been your downfall, but unfortunately you don't seem to understand this. Good luck in the next recruitment drive in 2017 or whenever it will be

No I'm not swallowing that, masters degrees are ten a penny, I have one myself wouldn't explain such a massive percentage jump at all.

I'm interested to see how long you're going to maintain this, of course you'll (fictionally) pass the next stages (you're a reserve after all) will you post your (fictional) experiences in templemore? How will you find your (fictional) transition from reserve to real garda? Can't say I understand your motivations but it sure is entertaining.

You are entitled to your opinion but then we all are. And at the end of this process some will get an offer and some will not. I am sure you do have a masters I worked hard for mine so I congratulate you as I know how much commitment is required. All the best for the future.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭redsurfer

Raider, as a Garda Reserve too, stop. JUST STOP. It is people (If you even are a GR) like you who make it harder for us Reserves to be accepted and to be taken seriously. My role as a GR in AGS is to assist my unit in their policing role. That's it. I have taken time off work to go to court, I have done A,B,C,. and you know what I'm still learning how to do the role after near 5 years. I'm a big fan of the Reserve but it was not set up right, its all over the place and needs to be completely overhauled, but that is a different thread.

So to sum up, Raider please shut up tiring to speck as if you are the voice of all Reserves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Mod

How a thread full of Garda hopefuls don't know how to report a post, bar one, is beyond me. Christ.

Thread locked for review, cards/bans to follow, yada yada yada

-KERSPLAT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

timwynne wrote: »

999 call to kersplat

Mod

I suggest you both read the guidelines on this site and specifically, how to report a post. I don't sit at my laptop all day waiting for an argy bargy to happen between ye. Its a bank holiday weekend and I am a volunteer here.

As for the rest, cards have been handed out. Please get back on topic and cut out the uncivil posts. If you have a problem with a post...

PLEASE REPORT IT!!!

Please do not reply to this post as doing so will drag the thread off topic... again...

Any problems, PM me :)

-KERSPLAT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

On a side note folks, I be very careful if I were ye when posting comments etc on boards or anywhere else,

You can be sure somebody in PAS is keeping an eye on these threads!

Also I hope ye are all not posting yer exact ranks bands etc:)

And also Good luck to everybody over the next while, be nice to see some boardsie's getting through to templem

;)

Canyon86 wrote: »
    On a side note folks, I be very careful if I were ye when posting comments etc on boards or anywhere else,

And also Good luck to everybody over the next while, be nice to see some boardsie's getting through to templem

;)

Amen to that next few weeks / months are going to be tough on everyone here

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭BRB

Canyon86 wrote: »

;)

Hopefully if some of us get through it's be nice to see yas down there! It's going to be tough on all of us.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

It's important to be able to distinguish between intelligence and education.
    "clever and highly competitive" "graduates" happy to work for less than €400 a week. Doesn't sound very intelligent to me

Santa Cruz wrote: »
    "clever and highly competitive" "graduates" happy to work for less than €400 a week. Doesn't sound very intelligent to me

It doesnt bother us so why does it bother you?

If we had an issue with pay we wouldnt be here so take this thread as a 'pay -whinge free zone'

• Registered Users Posts: 7 arsenal.fc

I have no masters, just a leaving cert and a trade as a plumber,your talking out of your hole raider190, im drunk :-$

• Advertisement

arsenal.fc wrote: »
    I have no masters, just a leaving cert and a trade as a plumber,your talking out of your hole raider190, im drunk :-$

Excellent qualifications and you should be proud of your achievements

Santa Cruz wrote: »

For a lot of us its not about the money its about the opportunity to serve to possibly make a difference and prospect of advancement through the ranks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

arsenal.fc wrote: »

Hope that you are successful in your application. As a plumber you will be very busy on your days off.

Hows the form filling goin?

Any work being done on the competencies?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Hank26

Hiya
    I have the small slip with my leaving cert results.
    Will this suffice?
    Or, was there a larger certificate, similar to that from the junior cert?

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Archer3083

Hank26 wrote: »
    Hiya
    I have the small slip with my leaving cert results.
    Will this suffice?
    Or, was there a larger certificate, similar to that from the junior cert?
    That's all I remember having. It's a small pale yellow sheet with your subjects and results. I don't think there is anything else, but I'm open to correction!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 jacks wasted life

I have a A4 cert-type sheet for LC results, I presume that will do (got mine in 2010).

Anyone else genuinely concerned they left out a document or something, because the interview form seems very sparse!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭BRB

I have a A4 cert-type sheet for LC results, I presume that will do (got mine in 2010).

Anyone else genuinely concerned they left out a document or something, because the interview form seems very sparse!

I have an A4 cert as well with my leaving cert results.
    Have yet to fill out the form. Been routing for my cert and getting in contact with friends/family.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

I'm slightly concerned! The last point I have in the application form is point 5. Career history. Is that what everyone else has?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ShodenMcClane

Carroller wrote: »
    I'm slightly concerned! The last point I have in the application form is point 5. Career history. Is that what everyone else has?

Yeah. It's not a mistake. Everyone got it like that. It would most certainly have been corrected within 24 hours was it a mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭SonnyB

Point 6 additional relevant information ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ShodenMcClane

SonnyB wrote: »
    Point 6 additional relevant information ?

Ah yes, sorry. My apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

And point 6 too! Do we fill out another application with our competences? Or is that on the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

And point 6 too! Do we fill out another application with our competences? Or is that on the day

I'm confused by that too! I initially thought it was for other work/educational experience and achievements etc, but I'm not really certain tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 29 whysosirius

For the career history section what does it mean when it says "Continue with additional career history in the same format"? Do we need to create a new section on the form for a "previous position no. 2"?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jacks wasted life

For the career history section what does it mean when it says "Continue with additional career history in the same format"? Do we need to create a new section on the form for a "previous position no. 2"?

That's what I did anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 user0

hi there,

previous interview prep for other intakes would have had a list of competencys and you would have put an example into each one. the form they have given us this time seems a little vague and open to interpretation. would that be everyones take on it too?

i presume you are not expected to provide 6 compentencys from each job in your history, moreso maybe pick the best job to display each competency?

thanks

user0 wrote: »
    hi there,

previous interview prep for other intakes would have had a list of competencys and you would have put an example into each one. the form they have given us this time seems a little vague and open to interpretation. would that be everyones take on it too?

i presume you are not expected to provide 6 compentencys from each job in your history, moreso maybe pick the best job to display each competency?

thanks

From what I have read of my other halfs form, no competencies should be included on the interview form

It is merely for you to outline your education, skills and work experience

this is NOT 2006/7 - it is an entirely new way of doing things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Shifty13

Anyone know how long the interviews go on for? Whats the latest date you've heard? Latest one I've heard is the 16th.

Shifty13 wrote: »
    Anyone know how long the interviews go on for? Whats the latest date you've heard? Latest one I've heard is the 16th.

Earliest dates I have heard have been Monday 5th through to Friday 17th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Zadie10

Shifty13 wrote: »

Previously on this thread someone said they are on the 20th, another is on the 1st!

• Advertisement
Advertisement