Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jrobertos

hi guys. first time posting here. when ur sending back the form do u send it as an attachment or copy and paste it in.

where do they want u to put the candidte no_name_surname

any help pleade

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Chem Lord

jrobertos wrote: »
    hi guys. first time posting here. when ur sending back the form do u send it as an attachment or copy and paste it in.

any help pleade

You'd have to send it as an attachment as they are asking for it in pdf format.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭wobzilla1

jrobertos wrote: »

any help pleade

For the interview form, You need to save the file as a PDF. If you're using Microsoft word, just choose save as and select PDF as the file type.
    The name of the file must be Candidate number_Firstname_surname (eg. 000000_Joe_Bloggs).

You just need to send an email with Interview Form as the subject line.
    I didn't put anything in the actual body of the email, just attached the PDF

cheers for that.

The Interview Form should be returned by email in PDF format only with
    Interview Form typed in the subject bar. The Interview Form must be
    titled CandidateID_Firstname_Surname, (e.g. 012345678_Joe_Bloggs).

where do they want the ID first name and surname bit

perfect. thank u very much indeed. best of luck to everyone. the new form is a bit of a balls. especially when i wanted to keep it quite

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

wobzilla1 wrote: »
    What address should I put for dead people?

Whatever their last address was. I didn't put down an address for deceased relatives when I was applying for the reserves and the form came back to me.

Should I put anywhere that they are deceased?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 macmacbowie

With regard to the vetting details- are those with non co-habiting partners providing details for them/their family?

Hoping not. Because that would be murder. 😣

Should I put anywhere that they are deceased?

I don't think it is necessary as they would have included a section for it if it was, but I'll be putting a date of death under DOB just to be on the safe side.

With regard to the vetting details- are those with non co-habiting partners providing details for them/their family?

Hoping not. Because that would be murder. 😣

I'm cohabiting with my girlfriend who's Bulgarian.
    It's going to be nearly impossible to track down her half siblings and the like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 macmacbowie

I'm cohabiting with my girlfriend who's Bulgarian.
    It's going to be nearly impossible to track down her half siblings and the like

Oh dear. Good luck with that. We can but do our best. It does state (somewhere) that you can supply a note explaining absence of details. Your circumstance is complicated (to say the least) so this may be an option. Ah.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭octigen

Damofitz wrote: »
    Hi All - Quick Question! I'm trying to find out the latest time the applications have to be in by. The letter says "by Friday 25th April", I rang pub appts to check that that meant up to 11.59pm on 25th April. The girl at pub appts is advising candidates get their applications in before midnight tonight to be safe. Anyone know for sure?

Mine is being sent tomorrow. Want to run over it again in morning. Says to return form by Friday 25th. Not before. No time specified but I will be doing it before PAS closes. A reply saying your e-mail has being recieved would be nice just to ensure it doesnt get lost in cyberspace. This is hardly being done though is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 yankeecandle14

octigen wrote: »
    Mine is being sent tomorrow. Want to run over it again in morning. Says to return form by Friday 25th. Not before. No time specified but I will be doing it before PAS closes. A reply saying your e-mail has being recieved would be nice just to ensure it doesnt get lost in cyberspace. This is hardly being done though is it?

Sure is. Got a receipt after I sent it!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭octigen

Sure is. Got a receipt after I sent it!

Excellent - Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭galalala123

why would you put down deceased relatives. It would be of no relevance surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Chem Lord

octigen wrote: »

Won't be sending mine till tomorrow either for the same reason. The quality of the form and how well it's written will definitely help when it comes to the interview :)

why would you put down deceased relatives. It would be of no relevance surely?

If your uncle was a drug lord recently shot dead, do you not think that would be relevant?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭tictac__x

Yep they send you an email to confirm that they have received it :)

If your uncle was a drug lord recently shot dead, do you not think that would be relevant?

Believe they'd know that before aptitude stage if it was something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

I sent mine off tonight. Sent a draft that I saved yesterday with only half done and the right one straight after! Will need to ring them tomorrow to confirm it's ok but I imagine it would be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Submitted mine just a few minutes before twelve. Would hate to be disqualified for late submission. But from reading your posts I gather it doesn't have to be submitted by tomorrow, but anytime at all tomorrow? Maybe I should have spent the extra day to review. How many words did you lot end up with actually?

Believe they'd know that before aptitude stage if it was something like that.

:rolleyes:

Mine is around the 2,200 mark in terms of word count.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 board_stupid

:rolleyes:

Mine is around the 2,200 mark in terms of word count.

Mine was a mere 1,300/1,400, worried now that mine was a bit scant.

I wouldn't worry about it. Mine could be too long! It's done now anyway, focus on interview prep from here on out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ShadowLFC

Mine was a mere 1,300/1,400, worried now that mine was a bit scant.

I wouldn't worry about it, mine came in at 1500. It's all about quality not quantity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ShodenMcClane

Yeah, mines at just over 1,300. It's only a 40 minute interview!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Just wondering was there any question re holding a driving licence?
    Or did anyone put down driving licence in the qualifications section ?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 whysosirius

D Trent wrote: »
    Just wondering was there any question re holding a driving licence?
    Or did anyone put down driving licence in the qualifications section ?

I put it down in the additional information section

I put it down in the additional information section

Same here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭BRB

Same here.

Completely forgot to add that I have a full driving licence... Oops.

How do people feel the interview will go?

BRB wrote: »
    Completely forgot to add that I have a full driving licence... Oops.

How do people feel the interview will go?

Ah, I'm sue that won't be a big deal!

Era, interviews are funny things. I'm generally good at them but sometimes a conversation can just go the wrong way and you end up playing catch up and it's an uphill battle then! Hard to judge. I'd like to think I'll tick their boxes and I will be prepared as best I can so I won't be worried going in there either way because worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubblegum. I'll have done my best.

Is everyone preparing examples like the old style of interview?? Its pretty similar to the old style i think just that we dont have to submit our examples like in previous recruitments.

Is everyone preparing examples like the old style of interview?? Its pretty similar to the old style i think just that we dont have to submit our examples like in previous recruitments.

That's what I'll be doing once I start prep for it! Not on til the 14th, but I've college exams running up to it as well. Better trust my time management skills

That's what I'll be doing once I start prep for it! Not on til the 14th, but I've college exams running up to it as well. Better trust my time management skills

U can add that to you're list of skills too! Ha. I havent the luxury of time im on one of the first couple of days

U can add that to you're list of skills too! Ha. I havent the luxury of time im on one of the first couple of days

That's true. I'll be sure to mention it during the interview.
    Wish you all the best mate. Let us know how it goes! I heard they'll throw in questions to put you off.
    Hopefully we'll all be seeing each other in templemore.

• Advertisement

That's true. I'll be sure to mention it during the interview.
    Wish you all the best mate. Let us know how it goes! I heard they'll throw in questions to put you off.
    Hopefully we'll all be seeing each other in templemore.

Hopefully now. Thanks you too and with the college exams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

Are there any interviews scheduled for this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mickaleen

Thursday 1st of May.

mickaleen wrote: »
    Thursday 1st of May.

Best of luck mick! Hit em hard

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mickaleen

Not me, I am not on til mid May. But heard of someone who is on that day.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

I know a Chief Superintendent who has stopped answering his phone because of all the canvassing calls he has got

Santa Cruz wrote: »
    I know a Chief Superintendent who has stopped answering his phone because of all the canvassing calls he has got

Ah thats why i cant get him......

Santa Cruz wrote: »

I call BS.

Did he personally tell you this?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ann.lewis

Yee all watching rte 1 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Zadie10

ann.lewis wrote: »
    Yee all watching rte 1 ?

No ... on the road. What is it?

Yee all watching rte 1 ?

I was sleeping. What was on?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ann.lewis

Zadie10 wrote: »
    No ... on the road. What is it?

Nationwide had the garda college on it. From the celebrations in feb for 50 years and there was talk of the first class starting in july and it being the first class since 2009.

Showed old footage from 1964 when the college first opened. The first recruits to train there as opposed to the depot.

Was good. It'll be on the player shortly if its not already :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Zadie10

It'll be on the player shortly if its not already :)

Cool thanks, will check it out later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭LadyLucinda

Quick question guys, is the general consensus that most people got through to interview stage or was there many people failed? I'm out of the competition but just wondering out of curiosity. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Quick question guys, is the general consensus that most people got through to interview stage or was there many people failed? I'm out of the competition but just wondering out of curiosity. Thanks

I think 350 -370 was the highest to get through that we've heard of on boards this far.

• Advertisement
Advertisement