Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling my house - What about the white goods

Options
  • 15-04-2014 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hello all,
    I'm selling my house. It was rented out when I moved with my job.
    Now being repainted on inside before sale. Most of the furniture is gone.

Should I keep the white goods, i.e. fridge, dishwasher, washing machine and dryer so as not to leave gaps or should I get rid of them?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

emmetfahy wrote: »
    Hello all,

Should I keep the white goods, i.e. fridge, dishwasher, washing machine and dryer so as not to leave gaps or should I get rid of them?

Thanks
    A lot will depend on the type of buyer you get. Someone who is buying at the top of his budget would probably like to have white goods in place. Someone with a little more cash in hand may prefer to buy new (or bring from their previous property).

Again, as you know, a "fully fitted" kitchen has its advantages not only as being fully fitted (and not leaving gaps under the worktops) but cosmetically it looks better and the property more easily sold (especially if you have already moved out which makes the property vacant and will attract someone wanting to move in quickly).

• Registered Users Posts: 25,945 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Keep 'em for now. If a buyer wants rid of them, they'll soon let you know.

Woudl be daft to throw them out for nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Sell them on Adverts.ie/Done Deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

emmetfahy wrote: »
    Hello all,

Thanks

Your agent should advise. They might be just a nuisance or else a useful bargaining point in negotiations depending on their condition and the buyer profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭4umbrellas

Hang on to them for the minute. The place will look better when showing it than if there are gaps, and there may be some buyers who'd like them. For buyers who wouldn't, you can always get rid of them at that stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Gandhi

I viewed a house once that had all the kitchen appliances taken out and it looked awful. Big gaps in the counters showing unfinished flooring and walls. Wires, pipes, and gas-lines sticking out all over the place. Unless you absolutely need the appliances in the new house, or they are in terrible condition, I would say leave them there.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

whatever you decide, stick to it. i once bought a house that had a washing machine to find it gone when i moved in. the agent claimed they meant there was plumbing in for a machine.

this was in the uk and i was green.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭emmetfahy

Thanks everyone for the advice

Advertisement