Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belfast, which Premier Inn

Options
  • 15-04-2014 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭

Going to be doing one night in Belfast during the summer to do the Titanic, will probably want to go out in the evening for a bite to eat & a bit of a walk / shopping, which one do I choose.

Alfred Street, Belfast
    or
    2-6 Waring Street
    or
    2A Queens Road

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I've stayed at the Waring Street one and it was pretty central.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

2A Queens Road is nearest to the Titanic so if you're going to do that first then it probably makes sense to stay there, it's a nice Premier Inn. It's a handy stroll across the river to the shopping and pubs or just get a taxi/hackney for very little money.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I've stayed in the Alfred Street one 5 or 6 times- 10 min walk from Central Station if you're arriving by train. After that it's a 5 min walk from Victoria Square, main shopping streets etc, very handy location! Great hotel actually!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Thanks for the replys, I'm going to ask a potentially really DUMB-ASS question now, it's been years since I was up there when things weren't always so great. Are there still areas Naughtysmurf & family would be best not to get lost in i.e. driving around on southern plates looking like a thick eejit :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I've parked in front of a UVF mural and asked for directions (republic reg), very friendly accurate reply, so in my experience you'll have no problems.

Been in Belfast lots of times and never a bother.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Belfast is one of the safest cities in the world for tourists.

We stayed at the holiday inn opposite the BBC. Great location, but not cheap.

Taxis in Belfast are very cheap though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Moved from our Travel forum over into the Belfast City forum where it would be better suited as it is localised.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Stayed in the Waring Street one a few times myself, no complaints at all but it doesn't have its own carpark which can be difficult if you're not too familiar with the city and the options available. Naughtysmurf and family will be fine, locals are very friendly for the most part.

Advertisement