Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC TUF Finale: Bisping vs. Kennedy

• 15-04-2014 12:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ultimate_Fighter_Nations:_Canada_vs._Australia#UFC_Fight_Night:_Bisping_vs._Kennedy

Maincard
    Middleweight
    Michael Bisping vs. Tim Kennedy
    Welterweight
    Patrick Côté vs. Kyle Noke
    Middleweight
    Sheldon Westcott vs. Elias Theodorou
    Welterweight
    Chad Laprise vs. Olivier Aubin-Mercier
    Featherweight
    Dustin Poirier vs. Akira Corassani

Preliminary card
    Welterweight
    Sam Stout vs. KJ Noons
    Bantamweight
    Sarah Kaufman vs. Leslie Smith
    Light Heavyweight---Ryan Jimmo vs. Sean O'Connell
    Bantamweight
    George Roop vs. Dustin Kimura

Preliminary card (UFC Fight Pass)
    Lightweight
    Mark Bocek vs. Mike de la Torre
    Middleweight
    Nordine Taleb vs. Vik Grujic
    Welterweight
    Richard Walsh vs. Chris Indich
    Bantamweight
    Mitch Gagnon vs. Tim Gorman

Another odd day for fights for those of us used to the sheltered world of a weekend card. Looking forward to this card.

I know Bisping has his faults but at least he's no flag wavin', God fearin', gun totin' 'Murcan. Tim Kennedy looked only above average against Rafael Natal in his last outing which doesn't inspire confidence when he's facing a perennial top 10 MW.

I remember reading up on Kyle Noke years ago and seeing that he fought Hector Lombard to a draw around the time that the Cuban was filling funeral homes with his aggression. I'm a bit disappointed he hasn't done better in the UFC but a win over a toughened veteran like Coté (never been KO'd in professional MMA) could be exactly what Noke needs.

Sam Stout vs. KJ Noons has the potential to be an all out war with both men partial to a stand up game. Noons may be fighting for his job here.

Sarah Kaufman is perhaps my favourite female fighter today due to her shear talent and exciting approach to the sport. Her last battle with Leslie Smith was a decent scrap so hopefully this one is the same.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Looking forward to seeing Bisping fight. After that nasty eye injury it'll be great to see him string together a few fights and wins. (Hopefully)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Bisping is one of my favourite fighters in the UFC and I've been looking forward to this since it was announced. I hope he gets a decent win here.

Kennedy has been making an absolute tool of himself in the trash talk build up to this. Videos released by him are even more cringey and embarrassing than the ones put out by Jorge Rivera. And he is seriously overplaying the veteran card.

Bisping to win by a very one sided UD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Is this tonight or tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Tomorrow kicking off at 10 on BT sports 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

anybody know if the four fight pass fights will be on facebook?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Just watched the weigh ins. Bispings eye looks nasty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Bit of Trivia for ya, In all of Bispings 15 UFC wins not of them fighters is currently in the UFC.

And look at the five fighters he has lost to, Evans, Hendo, Wandy, Chael and Vitor. If ever a guy deserved to called a Gatekeeper it is Bisping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 123 ✭✭osl

scudzilla wrote: »
    Bit of Trivia for ya, In all of Bispings 15 UFC wins not of them fighters is currently in the UFC.

And look at the five fighters he has lost to, Evans, Hendo, Wandy, Chael and Vitor. If ever a guy deserved to called a Gatekeeper it is Bisping

In fairness to bisping he has only lost to one fighter ever that was not on TRT (Evans). The Wandy and Chael fights could easily have gone his way as well. Always liked Bisping and his no bull**** approach. He's always in shape and is generally in good fights. Would like to see him get a title shot before its too late

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭p to the e

I wouldn't say gatekeeper but rather someone who is always just on the cusp of a title fight and falls at the last hurdle. I hate how a lot of people dismiss Bisping's wrestling because he's British when he's proved time after time to have great takedown defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Bit of misleading trivia there, it's not as if they've all been relegated to the minor leagues because they're of a low calibre now is it?

Belcher, Stann, Leben, Hamill are all decent victories and no longer in the UFC due to retirement/injuries etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭p to the e

Good article on why so many fighters call out Bisping and how it doesn't always end well.

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/04/why-so-many-fighters-want-a-piece-of-michael-bisping-and-why-it-often-doesnt-end-well/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

anybody know if the four fight pass fights will be on facebook?
    There's no more facebook/youtube fights

Prelims start at 815pm fwiw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

I'll never be able to tell the difference between Tim Kennedy and Luke Rockhold, they'll always just be those two strikeforce guys with nothing really sticking out from either as memorable.

Hope Bisping wins, Kyle Noke too (I like Cote, don't get me wrong but Noke reminds me of the Aussie Chuck Lidell - not because of his fighting style but more the kind of guy he is) also hope that prick Elias Theodorou is well beaten, one of the most annoying TUF contestants in recent memory.

Dustin Poirier should also win fairly easily, he is the real deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

jsa112 wrote: »
    There's no more facebook/youtube fights

Prelims start at 815pm fwiw.

Really? Balls anyway - when did they end?

Looking forward to the main event especially here. See how rusty bisping is

when they introduced fight pass at the start of march, all those fights got put onto it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Kennedy hasn't lost in the UFC :confused: He fought Belfort no? or did I dream that.. Yup sweet dreams they were :pac:

Edit: Lol at the 30-27 scoring in the Del la Tora fight

You're thinking of luke rockhold.

Kennedy has had two fights in the ufc, first was terrible, 2nd he KOed rafael natal at a "Fight for the troops" card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

You're thinking of luke rockhold.

Kennedy has had two fights in the ufc, first was terrible, 2nd he KOed rafael natal at a "Fight for the troops" card.

Corrected. ty

Nice finish there. Jimmo's got some pretty good speed, accuracy, and power

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Nice finish there. Jimmo's got some pretty good speed, accuracy, and power

Ya O Connell got rightly flattened

• Advertisement

Beautiful ko from KJ Noons.

Beautiful ko from KJ Noons.

Great too, Stout goin for the ref!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

What a punch. On paper that fight was a genuine contender for FOTN. Noons will have to settle for the knockout bonus instead.

John_D80 wrote: »
    What a punch. On paper that fight was a genuine contender for FOTN. Noons will have to settle for the knockout bonus instead.

Hoping Kennedy gets that honour ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭jodaw

Great fight here to start things off and Poirier getting tagged

Wow: Akira gave up kinda easy there

jodaw wrote: »

Wow: Akira gave up kinda easy there

Looks like the uppercut exchange broke his nose apparently

Ya Conor Mcgregor was callin Dustin out awhile back I defo think he should stay away for awhile at least.

Looks like the uppercut exchange broke his nose apparently

Ya Conor Mcgregor was callin Dustin out awhile back I defo think he should stay away for awhile at least.

Poirier seems strong but his chin was there for the taking. Akira had him hurt but let him recover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Id be fairly confident of Conor putting away peahead.

Poirier seems strong but his chin was there for the taking. Akira had him hurt but let him recover.

True he had a shocker of a first round, His chin has held up till now though hes only been finished once and that was by submission, but he has great submission himself that was a crazy darce choke attempt at the end of the first! (and not the first time we've seen him at that)

• Advertisement

ASOT wrote: »
    Id be fairly confident of Conor putting away peahead.

Think it would be a very tough fight for Conor at this stage. Poirier is probably third or fourth in line to fight Aldo. One more good win and he could get a shot.

I think there is a genuine physical strength as well as technique gap to the top of the division.

Would like to say Conor would demolish him but i lost my ticket to the hype train :D

Think it would be a very tough fight for Conor at this stage. Poirier is probably third or fourth in line to fight Aldo. One more good win and he could get a shot.

I think there is a genuine physical strength as well as technique gap to the top of the division.

Would like to say Conor would demolish him but i lost my ticket to the hype train :D

Ah im not just saying that because of the hype surrounding conor i just think his style would be to much for poirier who would be a good scalp for conor if he managed to get it!

I know theres not much chance of it happening but it would be alot better to watch at UFC Dublin than Mills which seems more likely.

If Conor could beat Poirier it would be huge at this stage in his career. He would not be far from title contention.

I do not like the possible Cole Miller match for Dublin. I dont like that match. Cole has height, reach, experience, power, submission and he has confidence with recent results.

I would prefer some like Brandao or even Akira for a comeback matchup. Surely conor cannot be completely match fit when returning so a huge challenge would be difficult.

That was some crazy judging

29-28, 28-29, 30-27

jeez they love repeating the same ads over and over, so many ads for heavens sake

That was some crazy judging

29-28, 28-29, 30-27

Defo right lad got it no doubt, worst fight by along way since I tuned in.

• Advertisement

Great finish there, looking forward to seeing him fight again.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭zzfh

u guys want a bisping or kennedy win??

im kinda getting sick of the same old show with bisping tbh

zzfh wrote: »
    u guys want a bisping or kennedy win??

im kinda getting sick of the same old show with bisping tbh

Would like to see Bisping win. Kinda hope he can finally put together a run that would lead him to a title shot.

Im up for Bisping, more down to the fact i dont like Kennedy and its great seeing Bisping back after the eye injury!

I think Bisping will win, he should pick Kennedy apart with his boxing.

• Advertisement

Poor Sam Stout, man that was a brutal KO

That KO from KJ Noons was ridiculous, Stout was absolutely ****ed after it.

Poor Sam Stout, man that was a brutal KO

Only copped on repeat the ref pretended to tap out haha

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭zzfh

cote must be the biggest 1 trick pony in the ufc lol

Only copped on repeat the ref pretended to tap out haha

Just noticed that myself haha priceless

Jesus kennedy annoys me so much.

Yeah same, so tedious listening to him during the buildup to this fight. Such a boring fighter to watch too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

Tim Kennedy is a poor mans Brian Stann with all that military bull

Does Bispings eye look weird to anybody else post surgery, or is he just mean mugging ?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Maynard

I'm up at 2am on a Wednesday night watching Kyle Noke vs Patrick Cote....Where did it all go wrong?

• Advertisement
Advertisement