Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

made-to-measure suit in Dublin

• 15-04-2014 1:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm getting married this year and looking to buy a suit for the occasion. I was going to go fully bespoke but the price is coming in over budget. I still want to get a great three-piece that fits perfectly. My Budget is about €1000.

Can anyone recommend some options in Dublin with a good selection and quality? From looking online I have found Frewen and Aylward in Dún Laoghaire and Leavy Bros Grafton Street that both offer made-to-measure. If anyone knows anywhere else that's worth checking out please let me know.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭thejaguar

I'd say it's worth your while paying Louis Copeland a visit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Have you considered going for an off the shelf suit that is your size and getting it tailored to fit better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭Ludikrus

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Have you considered going for an off the shelf suit that is your size and getting it tailored to fit better?

Not really. I'm a size 38 chest but broader on the shoulder, relatively speaking. Off the shelf rarely fits right and, as far as I know anyway, there are limits to what can be altered. Thanks for suggestion though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Can't say I've much experience in MTM, but Magee on Wicklow Street do it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Garrigai

Louis Copeland and Magee are definitely both worth a visit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Ludikrus wrote: »
    Not really. I'm a size 38 chest but broader on the shoulder, relatively speaking. Off the shelf rarely fits right and, as far as I know anyway, there are limits to what can be altered. Thanks for suggestion though.

You'd be surprised what a good tailor can do. I did this for my sons communion suit and it worked out a lot cheaper than people getting custom made suits, and was cheaper than going to the likes of Arnotts for the suit itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

You'd be surprised how little extra work goes into made to measure suits. A friend of mine was doing the same for his wedding. Like you, wasp waist, broad shoulders and long arms. I'm convinced to this day that all they did was take a normal 42 chest and put longer sleeves on it because the shop ended up taking about 8 inches out of the skirt. Whoever you go with, make sure you get it in writing that alterations will be guaranteed free of charge because the shop tried to fob him off.
    Not going to name names, but they're located in a reputable Irish department store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭ladhrann

Hi,

I'm getting married this year and looking to buy a suit for the occasion. I was going to go fully bespoke but the price is coming in over budget. I still want to get a great three-piece that fits perfectly. My Budget is about €1000.

Lynch and Son on Camden St. will do a made-to-measure [fused] for that. They have mix and match RTW, then a made-to-measure Magee service and then a hand-finished made-to-measure. Worth asking for prices and what handwork they'll do.

Advertisement