Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What size Skip?

• 15-04-2014 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Would a 4 cubic yard skip (holds upto 3 tonne) be enough for rubble from 10m*4m driveway?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭rje66

K09 wrote: »
    Hi,

Would a 4 cubic yard skip (holds upto 3 tonne) be enough for rubble from 10m*4m driveway?

Thanks!

No.not even near!!.
    You prob need a roll on roll off (2in1) or use a grab truck, best option. Cheaper, takes more.easier than using ramps.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,846 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

how deep is the driveway?
    if it's 10cm of material you're taking out, that's 4 cubic metres if the skip was filled with no air gaps whatsoever.
    4 cubic metres is more than 5 cubic yards - and you can probably increase that by 50% to allow for the fact you will not be able to fill it perfectly efficiently.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭K09

how deep is the driveway?
    if it's 10cm of material you're taking out, that's 4 cubic metres if the skip was filled with no air gaps whatsoever.
    4 cubic metres is more than 5 cubic yards - and you can probably increase that by 50% to allow for the fact you will not be able to fill it perfectly efficiently.

Hi,

Driveway is 7 inches deep in some areas. Only 2 inches deep in areas.

Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,846 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

that's probably an average of four and a half inches or so - so more than 10cm.

OK. So 6 cubic yard should be plenty?

Never had to order a skip before so want to do it right without spending a fortune.

Thanks

• Advertisement

OK.

so want to do it right without spending a fortune.

Thanks

then take my advice above.

rje66 wrote: »
    then take my advice above.

Unfortunately don't have the required space for a 12 yard roll on.

Unfortunately don't have the required space for a 12 yard roll on.

ok, pity.
    your materials wont fit into a standard skip@€190 ish, trust me, so you will be looking at 2 and they prob wont be able to do a swap when you want them to:eek::eek: and if you really really over load it the driver will either not be able to lift or wont lift it.
    I do this kind of work on a weekly basis. been there, have all the tshirts!!;)

Advertisement