Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox360 and EA Servers

• 15-04-2014 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the correct location, as the issue is I think is both with the XBox360 and EA games (FIFA14) my son is having a problem that is going on since the start of this year.

Using the XBox360 to play FIFA14 all works fine and my son can play people on line, so I know the internet connection is fine. But he can't play his ultimate team, which is a real pain. The error message is "can't connect to EA Servers"

I contacted EA help and they said it was because he is 12 and EA have adopted a new law regarding kids under 13 playing on line, his birthday was 9th MArch and he still can't access the EA servers. I got on again and have been told this will be resolved very soon - this week possibly :rolleyes: as if.

Some of my sons friends have been able to get back into ultimate team but I think in all these cases they are on older XBox platforms and not the 360.

Does anyone know what's really going on here ? is there a work around or some way to get back into ultimate team on the XBox360 ?

My son has plenty of coins and players which he doesn't want to loose and would prefer not to change his gamertag as that would affect friends etc... I have written to EA in the UK and made an official complaint, but failing that what can be done as I don't think this will really amount to much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭Gerry T

100 views and no one can comment ? could really do with someone else's experience with this problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I'm not sure if it's the same issue, but as my son has his real age set on his XBL account, he was having trouble not able to join matches in Need for Speed Most Wanted. It was an EA age issue, not a Microsoft one, so I contacted them via their support chat. After explaining, the operator asked me to Skype EA support as he would escalate the issue up the chain, which I done. The help was actually pretty good, they told me I had to create another EA account, a parent one with my real age on it, & they would link my sons to it...about twenty mins later he could play away online using his own XBL account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

You're pretty much bang on the money.

EA have changed their rules so that people under a certain age can't access their servers. The problem with him reaching the age of consent (My understanding was that it was 14) is that:
    a) it can be hard to confirm what age is set on the Xbox profile. You can get an idea on account.live.com but that can be changed so it might not be accurate.
    b) EA don't seem to have a 100% accurate tracking of the age of an account.

Some people have gotten back on with the 360. In general EA seem to be trying to get anyone that was active before the change back online. So, really it seems like you've gone about this right way and I'd stay on top of EA to make sure your son doesn't get forgotten about.v

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Myrddin wrote: »
    I'm not sure if it's the same issue, but as my son has his real age set on his XBL account, he was having trouble not able to join matches in Need for Speed Most Wanted. It was an EA age issue, not a Microsoft one, so I contacted them via their support chat. After explaining, the operator asked me to Skype EA support as he would escalate the issue up the chain, which I done. The help was actually pretty good, they told me I had to create another EA account, a parent one with my real age on it, & they would link my sons to it...about twenty mins later he could play away online using his own XBL account.

Seems like the same but the problem is slightly different. With the Fifa ultimate team if you try that then you will lose your ultimate team players. That could equal a huge time or monetary investment going kaput.

Orim wrote: »
    You're pretty much bang on the money.

EA have changed their rules so that people under a certain age can't access their servers. The problem with him reaching the age of consent (My understanding was that it was 14) is that:
    a) it can be hard to confirm what age is set on the Xbox profile. You can get an idea on account.live.com but that can be changed so it might not be accurate.
    b) EA don't seem to have a 100% accurate tracking of the age of an account.

Some people have gotten back on with the 360. In general EA seem to be trying to get anyone that was active before the change back online. So, really it seems like you've gone about this right way and I'd stay on top of EA to make sure your son doesn't get forgotten about.v

Thanks Orim, I will just keep calling and pressing EA. But I do like the suggestion that I get myself setup and my son linked to my account. Not sure if that fixes ultimate team but it's worth a go.

EDIT: The EA guy I spoke with said the age restriction for kids on line gaming was 13.

• Advertisement

Myrddin wrote: »

This sounds like its worth a go. I guess from what your saying your son kept his EA account/gamertag so he won't loose his friends (but thats easily fixed) but nore important its the coins/players he has -- that's worth a lot of money.

Thanks for the reply :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Dense_Body

If your ring up and explain that you were infact confused and he is 15 that should work. They cant tell you but thats the only way they can let him play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Dense_Body wrote: »
    If your ring up and explain that you were infact confused and he is 15 that should work. They cant tell you but thats the only way they can let him play

Is that for EA or Microsoft?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Dense_Body

Just to be clear I only half know what I'm talking about. But yeah, it's for EA. And obviously they cant tell you straight out that if you were to lie about your (or your sons) age that they could change the age.

Im not sure where this age lies, on the ea database of the xbox one...

Really if a parent is ok with there child possibly encountering some a$$holes online then they should allow it but as far as I know they don't have the scope to do that.

Good news, my Son can now get into ultimate team, all functions working. Not sure what fixed this, maybe the phone call or maybe the letter I wrote to EA in the UK complaining. OR it just took the EA servers a month to figure out that my son turned 13 and could play on line games. Thanks for all the replies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement