Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Handsfree Kit Recommendation

Options
  • 15-04-2014 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭

The old man has been notorious for using his mobile while driving, but thankfully the new legislation has frightened him into buying a handsfree kit for the car. However, he uses a couple of work phones and his own personal phone, all different models, so getting a cradle kit is out of the question - it's going to have to be bluetooth.

So I'm looking for recommendations for a decent handsfree kit - doesn't have to be cheap, but something more or less idiot proof, that will automatically pair when he gets in the car would be good. Decent sound would be an advantage. Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

My favourite is the plantronics m55 bluetooth earpiece. It pairs to two phones and can media stream podcasts, music etc. For the money it's the best value and sound I've had. I've used the cheapest 5 euro ones to over a hundred from jawbone and i've used the plantronics m20, m25, m50, m55 and several offerings from LG. I've also used many of the built in kits from nokia (which are no good to me because I don't like shouting at a kit, I'm out of the truck as often as im in it and I don't want people in the car beside me listening to my conversations!).

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Mr Deeds

THB Bury System 8 Take and talk is a really nice piece of kit and they have a Universal Cradle ( get the XL one if you are in the Samsung/Iphone ring ) that you can use on pretty much any smart phone. Have fitted and configured about 250 of them for Blackberry 9320 and Blackberry 9720 and can't recommend them enough - bit pricey, but certainly would fit the bill for your requirements.

Advertisement