Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terrible service from Danske

Options
  • 15-04-2014 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I had an a/c with Danske, who kindly gave us a mortgage in 2000. We never missed a payment. When the wrote us a while back to inform us that they were ending their personal banking, and effectively pulling out of Ireland, we were unaware of the hassle this would entail for us.
    Attached to the mortgage a/c were life assurance policies with irish Life, TWG and some other company. So we received mandate forms to set up payment of those from my primary bank, AIB. To get a reference no for TWG, we had to ring Danske, and that basically took a month, the Danske cust service team, said ring TWG, TWG said no, its Danske. After a month of trying I got to one Danske cust serv agent, who said "yeah no prob, here it is". How could he find it within a second, when at least 8 others, passed the buck?
    I receive a pension and recently the issuer changed the payment dates. As all these direct debits were being taken on the 27th of the month, the change in pension payment date meant that I would struggle financially until the 2nd of a month, so I requested that the direct debits be changed to the 2nd of a month, a difference of 3 working days. TWG, Irish Life said, no problem, we'll happily accommodate you, but Danske said, "NO".
    Since the start of march, we have rang Danske, customer service on numerous occasions, trying to get a call back from the Credit Office. they have a call back system where they promise they will ring you back within 48 hours. It took 3 weeks for them to make contact. As well as the phonecalls, we sent 3 registered letters with the request for change of date, to their offices. Live tracking showed all letters as delivered, yet Customer Service denied ever having received them.
    This morning we got a call from the Credit Office, demanding that we will still have to pay on the original date (27th), they won't change anything.
    I have just told AIB to cancel the d/d to Danske, so on the 27th, Danske will look for the money, but there will be none there to pay for the mortgage, so I will be in arrears.
    I have constantly stressed, in the "undelivered" letters, that I am not trying to get away with paying, all I want is a change of date, but, they are treating us disgracefully.
    Advice anyone? This is causing terrible stress in my home.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Find out when the payment is actually due.
    They may take the dd on the 27th, but if you just pay it manually, it may not be due till xth etc.
    I stopped paying my mortgage with EBS dd years ago.
    Just pay it through online banking on the day I get paid.
    Check your dates though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

27th may be your due date but you're not in arrears as far as ICB is concerned until the payment is over 30 days late.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Cancel the DD and set up a standing order for the date that you want to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 cathk

All this sounds like good advice, as a former Danske customer they have caused some stress to customers, I have not paid my TWG payments since ending and they are charging me 10 euro fee every time I,m late lovely bank

Advertisement