Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autocad/PDF to 3D Drawing

Options
  • 15-04-2014 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi,

Just wondering if its possible to get AutoCAD or PDF Drawing for a house converted into 3D and if so can you advise who I could get to do this for me...

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I'll move this to CAD for now. Let me know if you want to bring it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Depends on the 3D you want and what you need it for. If it's a simple 3D model like Sketchup it's pretty quick and easy. If you wanted a full 3D revit model it could take longer and requires more skill so you'll pay more.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 barhodgins

It's basically so I can see the layout of my house plans visually as I finding it difficult with just cad to invisage what it be like.. Can you advise which I would need an who I would get to do it...,
    Dudda wrote: »
    Depends on the 3D you want and what you need it for. If it's a simple 3D model like Sketchup it's pretty quick and easy. If you wanted a full 3D revit model it could take longer and requires more skill so you'll pay more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

If it's just a model to see a layout, then a massing model from sketch up would suit. Sketch up is great for helping to visualise a space but nothing more really. Revit models are smarter and can be used to determine quantities, assist with building coordination among other things.

Sketch-up seems to be what you need. Most architects use sketch up to create visualisations for their clients. Speak to the person that prepared your cad drawings first, they might be able to do it. Sketch up is easy to use, you might even be able to consider giving it a go yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭babi-hrse

**** it ill do it!
    how much detail you askin' for?
    i can make a 3d autocad building with floor, walls, cieling and windows but anything after that may be at my discretion.
    if its really simple ill just sketchup it in 10 minutes!

that is to say if the month and a half havnt changed much! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement