Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy mobile home in Brittas??

Options
  • 15-04-2014 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Help!!! I am very much 50/50 on buying a mobile home in Ballincarrig brittas bay and I would love your opinion!

We have a young family, 2 boys aged 2 and 3 and new baby due in August. Our house is small with a smaller back garden and we are not in a position to move.

The mobile has 3 beds, good living space, great facilities! But the only problem is the rent/mgt fee which is 8500 per year! We can buy our mobile out right but the yearly mgt fee is extortion. I must explain, the facilities are fab and I wouldn't be emailing this if I wasn't so torn up about it.

In terms of use, I imagine I will use it fri to sun nearly every weekend up until say October ... The park is open 12 months so we could use it whenever we want.

Do I just bite the bullet and use it for 2-3 years and then sell it? It's not like my husband and I are going to be able to go out with 3 small children in that time frame....

Anyone with the same dilemma ? Anyone been in my position and followed through??

Love to hear your thoughts.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Moved from Forum Requests.

Mods:
    Wasn't sure where else to put this, but if it's the wrong forum please move it
    on to wherever you think is best.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,535 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Its pricey, but if you can afford it I say go for it. We have a mobile in balleymoney and the wife and kids use it most of the summer and I commute some times and pop down at weekends.

Advertisement