Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cost of adding a wall socket in bedroom

Options
  • 15-04-2014 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

and what sort of disruption would be needed.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

Depends on location of nearest socket to tap off, whether the wall is solid block or stud partition where the new socket is going on, floor boards may or may-not have to be lifted, is the house a bungalow or 2 story

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭jrby

Hi, it's for a socket on an external wall, i'm guessing it could come either from the attic or under the floor boards across the room (its a small box room)...just looking for a rough number so I'm not shocked when i get a quote.....or to save both me and the electrician the bother of getting a quote if it too much

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

id say around 60 to 80 euro, if you want the socket flush the wall will have to be chased a cheaper quicker way would be to have it surface mounted but this way doesn't look as good. probably best to get a sparks to have a look to see what circuit to take it off etc. Where do you live?

Advertisement