Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boston Scientific

Options
  • 15-04-2014 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭

Did anyone hear about Boston Scientific coming to Carlow?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

verywell wrote: »
    Did anyone hear about Boston Scientific coming to Carlow?

I heard there is a company going into braun site. Not sure if its boston

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

iano.p wrote: »
    I heard there is a company going into braun site. Not sure if its boston

That is great news (if true), about time that was filled.

road_high wrote: »
    That is great news (if true), about time that was filled.

I hope so. It is a great site fingers crossed for some good news on it

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭verywell

Yea it would be great if they did come. Fingers crossed!

But didn't they let a lot of people go in various other sites around the country the past few years. Maybe I'm wrong on that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

road_high wrote: »
    But didn't they let a lot of people go in various other sites around the country the past few years. Maybe I'm wrong on that...

So did MSD yet they opened a brand new plant. It seems to be normal for large business to shut down areas when they're no longer viable (e.g market losses or efficiency improvements), it doesn't mean the rest of the business is suffering.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭radharc

slimjimmc wrote: »
    So did MSD yet they opened a brand new plant. It seems to be normal for large business to shut down areas when they're no longer viable (e.g market losses or efficiency improvements), it doesn't mean the rest of the business is suffering.

Don't think it's anything to do with lack of viability, more like milking the system to get more incentives off the IDA for their "new" jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Boston, and Stobarts have both viewed the site, but neither are proceeding afaik. Bit of an environmental issue i'm told the reason not to proceed was.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭radharc

Bit of an environmental issue i'm told the reason not to proceed was.

Asbestos?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

oil leak.

Edit: I should add that I have no proof of this and it's just rumour / grapevine stuff atm.

• Advertisement

Boston, and Stobarts have both viewed the site, but neither are proceeding afaik. Bit of an environmental issue i'm told the reason not to proceed was.

Stobarts wanted it but the price was too high for them. Plus they were told they wouldnt get primission to build a truck garage and washer and pumps on that site. So now they were looking on the naas road. But are still keen on braun if there needs were met

Wonder what that could be? Would have thought the Braun site was pretty clean light manufacturing.
    I did hear ages ago "Tesco" were interested in the site-that must have been Stobarts as they distribute Tesco goods. Boston Scientific would obviously be preferable in terms of job numbers and quality I would think.

Advertisement