Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London 2015

Options
  • 15-04-2014 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Just got an email about next years ballot opening in 7 days. If you have a GFA time from this year, should you still enter the ballot or what is the process does anyone know? Does the GFA time also guarantee entry?

Legs still sore, muscles seem to be taking it in turn to have an ache, as long as they don't all give up at once.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Polster wrote: »
    Just got an email about next years ballot opening in 7 days. If you have a GFA time from this year, should you still enter the ballot or what is the process does anyone know? Does the GFA time also guarantee entry?

Legs still sore, muscles seem to be taking it in turn to have an ache, as long as they don't all give up at once.

GFA times guarantee you entry, assuming they don't change the times again. Last year the previous GFA details page disappeared without notice on the Monday after the race, this year the details are still there although showing 2014 dates.

If you have a GFA time, and are a UK resident, then you are guaranteed entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭slingerz

for the 2015 ballot, if you are a british resident are there more places open to you?

I have a relative with the same name as I so was hoping to use him to enter that ballot for me

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

You're more likely to get a spot through the UK ballot than the international one, but the chances are very slim in all cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

Have they tightened up on the GFA rules at all, or is it still pretty much the same as 2012 and before?

You're more likely to get a spot through the UK ballot than the international one, but the chances are very slim in all cases.

What is involved in entering the UK ballot? What details are required in other words?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

Have they tightened up on the GFA rules at all, or is it still pretty much the same as 2012 and before?

You nOw need a bill in your name with the said address on it....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

You nOw need a bill in your name with the said address on it....

Ahh yes, they changed it part way through the window for GFA registration last year didn't they.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

robinph wrote: »
    Ahh yes, they changed it part way through the window for GFA registration last year didn't they.

So is that the same for the non-GFA UK residence ballot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

slingerz wrote: »
    What is involved in entering the UK ballot? What details are required in other words?

Just a UK address. This is where your magazine/reg form will be posted if successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Jmcmen

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Just a UK address. This is where your magazine/reg form will be posted if successful.

Is it really that simple?
    Its all very confusing, I have a GFA time now and really want to take this on. What about if your paying by credit card?

• Advertisement

Jmcmen wrote: »
    Is it really that simple?
    Its all very confusing, I have a GFA time now and really want to take this on. What about if your paying by credit card?

Not to mix up the 2 I was answering in relation to the ballot. The GFA process is different (I'm not familiar with the in's and outs of it)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,052 ✭✭✭✭event

So I dont ( and wont) have a GFA entry for this next year. I live in the south. I know I can try and enter via the international ballot but if I wanted to enter as a UK resident, what details do I need to supply?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

From reading last years thread it seems you will need a UK address and telephone number.

Going down this route myself as I don't have a qualifying time

adrian522 wrote: »
    From reading last years thread it seems you will need a UK address and telephone number.

That's correct. I used a northern address.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Gijima

Assuming you use a friends UK address/telephone, do they call to spot check?

If you do get in, is there anything other that a UK bill [in your name] required? would they ask ID?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,052 ✭✭✭✭event

I will try and organize this.

Can you apply for a UK entry and an international one, will they cop the names?

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

Have they announced when the ballot is open for international entries? Am going to chance my luck if I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,653 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Is there any GFA places for international entries, or do you have to be UK resident?

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

28064212 wrote: »
    Is there any GFA places for international entries, or do you have to be UK resident?

The guaranteed entry routes (GFA/Championship) are UK residents only.

Suits me fine especially with a cousin having the same name as myself to enter under!

• Advertisement

is it 125,000 places for UK residents in the ballot and 5,500 places for non UK residents in the ballot?

I suppose the charity option is the only other avenue open then

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

As I said last year make up a phone number. Have it starting with any of 075, 076, 077, 078 or 079 and ensure its 11 digits long and you're sound.

Why they need your phone number is beyond me. Maybe its a way of checking your UK legitimacy.

slingerz wrote: »
    I suppose the charity option is the only other avenue open then

I saw signs within charity shops in the UK looking for runners until very recently for the 2014 event. Now finding those who those charities are might be a bit trickier for you guys, but they are out there and seemed to have places.

Of course that ups the effort and costs involved in running.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Gavlor

The guaranteed entry routes (GFA/Championship) are UK residents only.

Not exactly correct!!
    if you can get a bit creative with photoshop and have access to a uk address then you'll be fine! They look for no further proof.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

intriguing...

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Zebrano

Do you have to enter via a travel agent for international lottery or can u just do it online :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Zebrano wrote: »
    Do you have to enter via a travel agent for international lottery or can u just do it online :eek:

Lottery is online.
    Using a travel agency is a different option altogether - agencies provide guaranteed entry, no lottery involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Zebrano

Lottery is online.
    Using a travel agency is a different option altogether - agencies provide guaranteed entry, no lottery involved.

Ok cheers is that on the 22 nd aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭carlton36

Zebrano wrote: »
    Ok cheers is that on the 22 nd aswell

If your interested in going through an agency, from memory, Sports Travel International are the sole agents for Ireland so contact them directly or look on their website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Calvin Johnson

What time does it open tomorrow?

Advertisement