Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭wobblemouth

Okay, so I have the GFA time (unless they lower it again), I have a UK address and phone number, but I don't have utility bill for this address. How do I get around this?

Is it worth putting your name in for the lottery too or is it an either or scenario?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Polster

If you have a GFA, I presume you still enter the lottery to kick the process off? Is it an option while registering for the lottery to apply for GFA or does that come afterwards?

Thanks in advance for any info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

What time does it open tomorrow?

I heard midnight tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Polster

I heard midnight tonight.

think it opens for a few hours about midnight to test the system, then might close for a while before the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Gijima

Polster wrote: »
    think it opens for a few hours about midnight to test the system, then might close for a while before the morning

Presume if u get in just after midnight-your entry will count, there's no need to retry later in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Okay, so I have the GFA time (unless they lower it again), I have a UK address and phone number, but I don't have utility bill for this address. How do I get around this?

Is it worth putting your name in for the lottery too or is it an either or scenario?
    Polster wrote: »
    If you have a GFA, I presume you still enter the lottery to kick the process off? Is it an option while registering for the lottery to apply for GFA or does that come afterwards?

Thanks in advance for any info.

I'm pretty sure you don't need to enter the lottery if you have a GFA.
    Think the closing date for GFA entries is some time in July (I wish I knew this from experience :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭colin32

Just planning ahead in the hope. What hotels did people use for this years marathon?

Going to try and provisionally book a room

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

Do I really need to stay up til midnight tonight to enter the ballot or am I safe enough doing it from work at 8am? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

its open

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭razor12345

AK333 wrote: »
    its open

Can you please post link to ballot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭razor12345

AK333 wrote: »
    its open
    razor12345 wrote: »
    Can you please post link to ballot

Have it now

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Site is absolutely creaking...

razor12345 wrote: »
    Have it now

Cheers[/QUOTE

Glad you have it cos I don't know how to link stuff :o

I'm stuck at page 3 of 4, very slow

I'm in

All done. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Ditto - put in overseas entries for myself & Mrs. D. Although my brother's living in London this year, there's no saying what continent he'll be on by the time the ballot is finalised.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

All done. :)

Umm if you want to run next year...I'm still mulling over *entering just in case*...so if I don't run it...

Umm if you want to run next year...I'm still mulling over *entering just in case*...so if I don't run it...

If by run you mean "jog around in 4:30 having the craic" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Got an entry in myself. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭colin32

Well I'm registered. Hopefully be successful this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Trampas

I'm in

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

Name in the hat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I registered but didn't have to pay... is this correct?

I'm in. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭rob w

My name is in for the overseas ballot again this year, slim chance but would be great to get in!

I registered but didn't have to pay... is this correct?

You dont pay for overseas ballot unless you get an entry, but in the uk ballot you would have to pay now!

rob w wrote: »
    You dont pay for overseas ballot unless you get an entry, but in the uk ballot you would have to pay now!

Nope - you don't pay until you find out if you got a spot in October - either UK / Overseas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

rob w wrote: »

For UK they take your CC details but don't put the transaction through unless you are successful in October or opt to give the £35 entry to charity if not successful.

viperlogic wrote: »
    For UK they take your CC details but don't put the transaction through unless you are successful in October or opt to give the £35 entry to charity if not successful.

From my entry email.......

"If you're selected in the ballot we'll also contact you asking for your entry fee payment."

viperlogic wrote: »

I didn't opt for the charity donation in the UK ballot and didn't get asked for a credit card number at any point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭slingerz

Im entered anyway! Hopefully be successful it'd be a great first marathon to be in!

Advertisement