Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London 2015

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Best of luck lads, bring home a boatload of PB's.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bigslice

Best of luck folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

Best of luck, lads and lassies.....and as always ENJOY!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Just checked in at the strand palace, my beardy disguise I have been working on all year seems to have worked!

For anyone coming from the Expo tomorrow towards the strand palace, get the DLR from in front of the excell to Canning Town (2 stops) then switch to the jubilee line City bound about 6-7 stops to Waterloo before jumping on either the brown or black line (don't know the names) for 2 stops to Charing Cross. From excell to Charing Cross took 35 minutes and met RubyK and her other half on the way!,

Contactless payment worked fine, just clocked on at Excell and off at CharingCross.

PS you can get the DlR from airport to expo about 6 stops changing at Canning Town but I hopped in a black cab and it cost me £9. Also if you have luggage there is a cloak room at the expo and it cost £1 to leave your suitcase there while you browse the expo, well worth it IMO.

Alright my number if you want to track is 30712 but that's all the info you are getting!!

menoscemo wrote: »

Alright my number if you want to track is 30712 but that's all the info you are getting!!

You can at least refresh our memories on your PB;)

• Advertisement

FBOT01 wrote: »
    You can at least refresh our memories on your PB;)

3:04:41

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

No point using your surname in other words?!

tang1 wrote: »
    No point using your surname in other words?!

No it's me alright, just don't want to get too hung up on a time and try to run a good race...

No it's me alright, just don't want to get too hung up on a time and try to run a good race...

Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 paddymorisseyy

Best of luck meno from me,oggie wee peteymbe and anto

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

They probably aren't personaised though. Will more than likely equate to pacers 3,3.15, 3.30, 3.45 etc. I could be wrong though!

They have 2:30 and 2:45,although the 45 ones appear to be very popular. From 3hrs up they seem to have every 5 or 10 minutes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Table updated. Don't forget to remove the quote tags if updating the table!

Name|Bib No:|PB|Target|Finish Time
    Rom|30185|2:58:48|<2:52:00||
    Robinph|30281|2:56:??|<2:50:00||
    JohnnyBingo|3431|3:58:12 |3:44:59||
    Davedanon|27267|3:17:15|<3:15:00||
    Abhainn|29742|2:36:21|2:37:xx||
    Wobblemouth|31430|3.01.16|2:59:59|
    TRR|949|2.35.03|<2:35.00|
    neilc|26759|3.10.28|<3:20:00|
    overpronator|54999|3.15.52|2:59|
    PDCAT|xxxx|3.26.57|3.19.59||
    Menoscemo|30712|3:04:41|||

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

The very best of luck on Sunday folks, here's to a great run for all, looking forward to the race reports

Have a good one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭hillsiderunner

Good luck boardsies, will be watching you all on the TV!

Looks like decent weather for it too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Bulmers74

Best of luck meno - I reckon you're going to run a strong race.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭chickey2

Best of luck everyone!

See TRR & Meno are showing up on the live tracker already.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭TRR_the_turd

tang1 wrote: »
    See TRR & Meno are showing up on the live tracker already.

We asked for an early start :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Good article about Paula Radcliffe in the Guardian today for those who need some distraction: http://gu.com/p/47zn4/sbl

Really wishing you all a great day on Sunday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Good luck all. I'll be watching at the 40k mark for the 5th year in a row!!

And then joining you for boardsie pints in the coal hole!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

Very best of luck to everyone tomorrow! Must admit I'm slightly jealous as it's a great event.

Hopefully my dish will play ball tomorrow & I'll be able to watch the BBC coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭JohnnyBingo

A little 2 miler done just to stretch the legs. Now feet up for the rest of the day and start overthinking whether to go vest or tshirt tomorrow? I might bring a Long sleeve top to keep warm for the first mile and ditch it then. Normally have bowl of porridge 2 hours before long runs but 2 hours before the start I'll be in Charing Cross station - leaving southend at 6:30 to make journey into London. Think I'll bring a small flask and an instant porridge pot or two. Probably have bagels and banana before leaving Southend to keep me going. Much to ponder. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Jesus I forgot you're doing this. Best of luck boss, no meltdowns ok....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

davedanon wrote: »
    Yeah, that would suit me fine.

That's to my fellow Green starter. Im bad enough on the laptop with Boards. The phone's a different matter altogether...

Will keep an eye out for your number so. Don't think there's huge crowds at the green start.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Good luck all. If I ever do another marathon in my lifetime it will be London, and nothing else. What a magnificent event. Hope the weather is kind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Good luck all. I'll be watching at the 40k mark for the 5th year in a row!!

And then joining you for boardsie pints in the coal hole!!!

Might see you. That's where I plan on watching as well.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Did another London parkrun this morning which gave me a chance to check that the shiny new Garmin I had to get at the Expo did what I expected and was set up correctly so as not to annoy me. Also bumped into a boadsie there and then visited the very nice coffee / cake / carb loading establishment afterwards.

Now chilled out in the hotel and about to go for a big feed of pasta. Good luck to everyone tomorrow, and if you are in the GFA start then say hello to the Westbury Harriers there, one of them should know me, or be me.

robinph wrote: »
    if you are in the GFA start then say hello to the Westbury Harriers there, one of them should know me, or be me.

You could always post 'that pic' so they recognise you ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭NetwerkErrer

All the best folks! Have a gud un.

Advertisement