Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Thanks for the support and the updates lads!
    My plan was to get to 10 miles at 69 or just under to give me a shot at sub 3 if possible. After a bit of congestion in the first 5k that worked a treat and I got to halfway at just over 90 as planned. Unfortunately from there I could feel the legs getting very heavy and I was struggling badly from 14 so I am actually delighted I managed to dig in and get something respectable out of it. I was just looking at the mile clocks and not the garmin and doing mental calculations and I was still somehow on for a PB with 5k to go, but the wheels really came off there and the legs cramped up and it was really a struggle to get in. still I am actually delighted because I gave it my best and didn't walk a step! Never felt so bad after a race as the one hour struggle to get my bag back proves. Only for Overpronator I wouldn't even have managed that.

Some great performances and PBs today.

Feeling better now so off to the pub to swap war stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,460 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Yes, in that photo from the 40k mark you look like you're digging deep alright, fair play. Enjoy the beers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

Can't quite believe what happened out there today, that went better than I could have ever have dreamed. It's the most consistently paced marathon I've ever run and my very first negative split!! Perfect conditions it has to be said.
    Huge thanks has to go to Ecoli, I reached out to him in January as an injured runner from DCM. He put me back on the road and with 10 weeks of intelligent coaching he brought me to within 1:40 of my PB. Thank you Luke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭DocQismyJesus

Good work Meno impressive to dig in when its all falling apart around u!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Murph_D wrote: »
    Yes, in that photo from the 40k mark you look like you're digging deep alright, fair play. Enjoy the beers!

Briilant. I was thinking the same thing myself, he looked like he was just chewing the sh1t with lads around him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Well done to you all. Emotional here checking results. Fantastic times. Enjoy the beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

And to round off our list, its not me123 just home in 5:58:51... Super well done to her, can't have been easy but great to tough it out....

Well done to everybody today, I was well jealous and I'm definitely going to make the trip to London at some stage, It looked fantastic :)

Enjoy the celebrations :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Just catching up with this now, well done to everyone who ran today, some great times being posted. Enjoy the post race beers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

My 4th visit to the London marathon and this was a most satisfying one.
    I enjoyed reading back on the race account, thanks BB67 for the slick summaries!
    I had to use all my previous visits to fool my body into getting that 2:36. 30 secs off my best but 3 years older!
    I had no idea I was so close to Paula at the end untill with 300m to go I seen her on the big screens. I booted it even more then.
    Solid training, some dissapointing raced results but this is the one that counts.
    Well done London , it is a magic race.
    Ive met the guys earlier in the Coal Hole and off soon to relax with a few more good ales.
    Cheers all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

My 4th visit to the London marathon and this was a most satisfying one.
    I enjoyed reading back on the race account, thanks BB67 for the slick summaries!
    I had to use all my previous visits to fool my body into getting that 2:36. 30 secs off my best but 3 years older!
    I had no idea I was so close to Paula at the end untill with 300m to go I seen her on the big screens.
    Solid training, some dissapointing raced results but this is the one that counts.
    Well done London , it is a magic race.
    Ive met the guys earlier in the Coal Hole and off soon to relax with a few more good ales.
    Cheers all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Jesus Meno, you sound very much like me in this marathon business. Well done for gritting it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

17276028412_1b13025acf_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Congratulations to all, some cracking results there today! Looks like a good one.

<mod>Feeling like a party pooper here but going forward please leave out any further doping speculation - or any other violation of the charter</mod>

Back to the party! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Congratulations to all, some cracking results there today! Looks like a good one.

<mod>Feeling like a party pooper here but going forward please leave out any further doping speculation - or any other violation of the charter</mod>

Back to the party! :)

I think TRR is clean !

I think TRR is clean !

Please give you definition of clean ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭wobblemouth

An amazing day for me. Always watched the London marathon on TV and dreamed of giving it a bash. Chuffed and a little surprised to get a PB and break 3hrs for the first (and last) time.

The crowds were phenomenal out there, I was smiling most of the way round, loving the experience.

Now for beer...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Watching the highlights here. Somebody ran as a framed portrait of the Mona Lisa. Pretty impressive I must admit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

If anyone is looking for us in the coal hole, we are upstairs

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭TRR_the_turd

I think TRR is clean !

I'm a dirty bastard.

Meno still hasn't puked. It's my goal for him to puke on the bar tonight! Hurrah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Meno still hasn't puked. It's my goal for him to puke on the bar tonight! Hurrah

Make sure to do some beer chugs from bottles, on a full stomach of beer. Sort of like doing those last couple of reps on tired legs. Money in the bank come beer mile day.

Well done today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

I think TRR is externally clean but internally... ;) !

FYP :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Well done guys! Brilliant running. Especially Meno, takes guts to keep the gas on when the going gets tough. Enjoy the beers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭kerrylad1

Some fantastic running lads,congrats,enjoy the beer's

• Registered Users Posts: 56,237 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Jenson Button's one fit dude. Low 2.50s he ran.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Calvin Johnson

Well done to all but especially davedanon

Meno and the Turd battling it out for most thanked post on Boards, currently in 3rd and 4th - can Meno win just this once!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭chickey2

Well done to everyone who ran today. I was glued to the BBC coverage, it was great. Made me really want to apply for 2016!

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Meno and the Turd battling it out for most thanked post on Boards, currently in 3rd and 4th - can Meno win just this once!

We are neck and neck with 66 each. I've tried to thank myself. I'm now going back to unthank the frothy bastard's post!

• Advertisement

Bollox hadn't thanked it originally!

Advertisement