Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭slingerz

Any idea when in October it'll be anmnounced who gets in?

And why do they leave it so late?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Agreement with Mrs Vagga [and my hips/legs/knees] is that Chicago in October is my last "race" marathon, but I want to do London at some point [having lived over there for years and work for an English company to Im here twice a month, and thus know loads of folks in London]..

So fingers crossed, maybe jog around with RQ and RK and have a boards 4.30 bus :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

slingerz wrote: »
    Any idea when in October it'll be anmnounced who gets in?

And why do they leave it so late?

Because there is no rush, they get time to figure out how many GFA and retired footballer places they need available and how many charity spots are taken up.

Probably more to do with just spreading out the VMLM news through the year and keep people interested in visiting their websites more than anything else though. Should be around the middle of October that the magazines get posted out if memory serves me right.

I guess I should just start the training now anyway for the fear that I would get an entry!

The 4.30 bus looks appealing if even a little optimistic!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

And once more I'll try my 1-in-50 chance ...

Unlike last time, this time I'd actually LIKE to run it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭rob w

RunRoryRun wrote: »
    Nope - you don't pay until you find out if you got a spot in October - either UK / Overseas.

Oh sorry, I just saw the credit card details section on the application and presumed you would get charged now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Ballot closed??
    Just caught up with this thread now and it seems the ballot is closed for both UK & International residents?
    It was still open when I clicked through to the landing page but by the time I clicked the link it was closed!

Ah crap!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Feck, that didn't last long.

I entered last night but haven't yet received an email from them...

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭colin32

I got an email straight away this morning at 5am when I entered

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

colin32 wrote: »
    I got an email straight away this morning at 5am when I entered

Got a reference number so not too worried about the email..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

Same, didnt get an email but got a reference number. If nothing by end of day I will call them with my reference number in a few days. Can expect their phones to be going crazy at the moment and long wait times so will wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I'm concerned that I didn't have to provide any card details... I got an email saying I'm registered though. I'm a UK resident.

Edit: checked the mail 'If you're selected in the ballot we'll also contact you asking for your entry fee payment.'

Sounds like there a few that didnt get an email.

are ye all overseas entries and did ye enter multiple times?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,525 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

So.... I live in the southern tip of Northern Ireland and was considering joining a club in the north (maybe Orangegrove AC?). I have a Championship qualifying time. Has anyone gone down this path before?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 RunningFree 2014

slingerz wrote: »
    Sounds like there a few that didnt get an email.

are ye all overseas entries and did ye enter multiple times?

I'm an overseas entry but only entered once and have no email. I'm a bit concerned by this as I entered in the middle of the night when I woke so I didn't think to save my reference number. I simply left the tab open so that I could write it down in the morning but this morning the page had refreshed back to the application page. So hopefully I will receive the mail soon or my chances will be even more obscure!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Agreement with Mrs Vagga [and my hips/legs/knees] is that Chicago in October is my last "race" marathon, but I want to do London at some point [having lived over there for years and work for an English company to Im here twice a month, and thus know loads of folks in London]..

So fingers crossed, maybe jog around with RQ and RK and have a boards 4.30 bus :D

I won't run next year but will probably enter as I won't be doing any other marathons in 2014/2015 to get a GFA time for 2016. Though a 4:30 jog around might be a big of a larf.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

So.... I live in the southern tip of Northern Ireland and was considering joining a club in the north (maybe Orangegrove AC?). I have a Championship qualifying time. Has anyone gone down this path before?

You have until January to submit your application, but you'll need the UK club to have you registered with UKA prior to submitting your championship entry as you'll need the registration number. Depending on how efficient their treasurer is this may take a while for them to get round to, and for some strange reason the clubs yearly subs may be on a Jan-Dec basis, but the UKA subs are due Apr-Mar so the club may do strange things with when they pay for their memberships of UKA.

You do not technically need a UK address for the championship entry, but probably simplest if you make use of one just so as not to confuse anyone when registering or picking up numbers and for them to post the registration forms to.

Edited to add: Check that the club is actually UKAthletics registered. Some clubs are ARC registered these days and I don't think they will get the championship entry rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 capaleen

Entered the UK draw and got an email immediately - good luck all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

I'm an overseas entry but only entered once and have no email. I'm a bit concerned by this as I entered in the middle of the night when I woke so I didn't think to save my reference number. I simply left the tab open so that I could write it down in the morning but this morning the page had refreshed back to the application page. So hopefully I will receive the mail soon or my chances will be even more obscure!
    I did nt get email either but it did say it could be 24 hours before email confirmation.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

Oh no..didn't save reference number and haven't an email! Bit worried

• Advertisement

I wouldn't worry, if you get in they will contact you, if not it doesn't really matter. As long as you get the successful application screen with the registration number, I'd imagine you will be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Tea Tree

just spotted this thread and now have a vague recollection of entering the overseas ballot in some semi wakeful moment in the middle of the night :o
    No email here either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Myself and Mrs D also entered the overseas ballot and no mails to either of us yet. What will be, will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Nordicgael

I also got no email but they just posted this reply on their facebook page -

Hi runners, please note that email confirmations can take 2/3 days to come through. Please check junk and spam folders to ensure they haven't gone in there.
    Best wishes, VMLM

seems like an overly comlicated and unfair system to me- how to the other marathon majors do registeration?

Nordicgael wrote: »
    seems like an overly comlicated and unfair system to me- how to the other marathon majors do registeration?

Very similar, except they charge a lot, lot more for the entry fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Nordicgael

that is true - the other marathon major i want to do is new york but then i saw the price- crazy to say the least!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

For those who the email didn't arrive, has it arrived yet? Not for me anyways!

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 42 RunningFree 2014

Nothing here either. I'm no longer holding my breath!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Zebrano

Nope

Advertisement