Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

robinph wrote: »
    Those 150,000 are all UK based applications.

Honest.

What kind of money does the strand palace cost a night ??
    I tend to stay in an apartmrnt. Checked earlier and strand was mental mOney but I reckOn its too early

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

What kind of money does the strand palace cost a night ??
    I tend to stay in an apartmrnt. Checked earlier and strand was mental mOney but I reckOn its too early

It varies a lot. I got a room there for very cheap the first year I stayed there as I'd only booked last minute'ish and it was through a 3rd party hotel site.

They only release a certain number of rooms at a time though as for this year I looked a couple of times and it was claiming to be fully booked, a month later it had rooms again, then it was fully booked, then it had rooms again when some other friends booked. It isn't cheap unless you get lucky on timing, but the convenience of it is tough to beat I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

Strand Palace
    pounds 530.00
    670 euro

for fri-mon with breakfast and free cancelation up to 24 hours before.
    From their own website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

rom wrote: »
    Strand Palace
    pounds 530.00
    670 euro

for fri-mon with breakfast and free cancelation up to 24 hours before.
    From their own website.
    Hedging my bets, both can be canceled as well. Depends on the dosh situation at the time whether we stay in the Strand. Saturday and Sunday nights.

6678590f-5625-4a8f-a6ef-2ba55d828d21_zpsead79c3a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭chatterbox

Hi

Myself and my wife really want to do the London Marathon next year for charity.. But to do out chosen charity package would commit to raising over 7k between us .. Which is a huge ask as we both have the same connections etc. .. So what I was hoping to do is purchase a private package and we would both get to run and not have the pressure of 7k over us, we would still attempt to raise as much as possible and donate to the charity.

So basically anyone know of any good package providers for the marathons ?

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭chatterbox

Thanks yaboya1 I did find them and sent them a request but no feedback yet.. Do you know if any travel agents do running hols or packages

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

chatterbox wrote: »
    Thanks yaboya1 I did find them and sent them a request but no feedback yet.. Do you know if any travel agents do running hols or packages

They're the only ones I know of. Haven't used them myself (yet), but they seem to get good reviews from anyone who has.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

UK ballot magazines out from today.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Did you get yours already?

Thought it was about time for them to be posted out, but haven't seen any signs of the usual Facebook meltdown as yet. :)

• Advertisement

With my impeccable sense of timing I am currently in Mallorca! Will see when I get home on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Zebrano

So if u get offered a place in the overseas ballot you hear by post is that how it works

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

I never got the supposedly delayed confirmation of entry to the ballot email. Guess my chances are quite slim :)

Ah, so this was just a thinly veiled "look where I've gone on holiday" post...and I fell right into your trap. :D

Ah here now, when the flights to somewhere warm cost the same as heading home to Dublin that's not much to be showing off about! I'm kinda hoping that someone knows of a link that can be used to check if we're in or out. Would like to know sooner rather than later whether I'll be doing hard miles running or cycling this winter...

I just had to make an unexpected trip back home over lunch ...

...but there is no sign of my magazine yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,653 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Anybody know if anything is sent out to GFA entries aside from the Registration packs in March? Just want to know if I should be expecting anything in the post

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

28064212 wrote: »
    Anybody know if anything is sent out to GFA entries aside from the Registration packs in March? Just want to know if I should be expecting anything in the post

You should also get the acceptance Magazine around the same time as the succesful ballot entries (i.e. in the next week or two).

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭MiketheMechanic

Booo - another year, another unsuccessful ballot :(
    Nice little collection of magazines I'm building now....:P

At least there's Dublin to look forward to.

MtM

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

My credit card details have changed, wonder if that will effect my rejection magazine from my northern Ireland address :)

• Advertisement

Not got my magazine yet, postman is taking ages today.

Looks like this year it is IronMan on the rejection magazine, last year it was a Smurf I think. The accepted magazine gets some models that don't look like they know how to run from the picture posted on Facebook. Think it would be better to have a picture of someone who can actually run rather than people standing on one leg. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

Got the Ironman mag :( but did get a hoody :)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭niteowl1

I thought oversees entrants didn't get the magazine, instead they get an email???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

niteowl1 wrote: »
    I thought oversees entrants didn't get the magazine, instead they get an email???

You are correct but some of us have addresses in the UK also :D

Postie finally turned up with my magazine.

I got the people standing on one leg photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭slingerz

i havent gotten a rejection magazine or an acceptance one? havent gotten an email either for my overseas entry?

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Calvin Johnson

I got iron man...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭niteowl1

I believe the email won't be sent for another few days. Last years oversees got it the 4th I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

I'm waiting eagerly for a text later on telling me what magazine arrived at "my" house. Fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Trampas

Just the Donadea 50km as spring race for me after receiving my magazine

Advertisement