Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭slingerz

waiting on my uk address to let me know whether i've gotten one that way

then waiting on my overseas applications!

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

I'm in! Whoop! :)

Ironman for me :(

Have to see if my overseas entries come up trumps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

*cough* 3 acceptance mags arrived for myself and 2 clubmates GFA entries today to our addresses in Northern Ireland, cos of course that is where we live and it is part of the UK *cough*.

menoscemo wrote: »
    *cough* 3 acceptance mags arrived for myself and 2 clubmates GFA entries today to our addresses in Northern Ireland, cos of course that is where we live and it is part of the UK *cough*.

Dislike!!

• Advertisement

slingerz wrote: »
    Dislike!!

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭wowzer

https://www.virginmoneylondonmarathonballot.com/notify-payment/2/

Link to pay for the marathon, it was here the overseas ballot hopefuls found out if they got in or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

wowzer wrote: »
    https://www.virginmoneylondonmarathonballot.com/notify-payment/2/

Link to pay for the marathon, it was here the overseas ballot hopefuls found out if they got in or not.

Unfortunately we can't find your details on our system :(

viperlogic wrote: »
    Unfortunately we can't find your details on our system :(

Same as, if I remember correctly last year it actually said you weren't successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭JohnnyBingo

Got the "You're in" magazine. Happy days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

"Sorry" letter and mag plus t-shirt at my "address":(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

wowzer wrote: »
    Same as, if I remember correctly last year it actually said you weren't successful.

Same here. Reckon that's the same as a no so. Unless the overseas ballot hasn't been loaded yet so system can't find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭munsterbear

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    Same here. Reckon that's the same as a no so. Unless the overseas ballot hasn't been loaded yet so system can't find it.

I'm praying it was that, five years I've entered oversea ballot and still waiting. Really should have researched more and chanced using my sisters London address. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Was wondering the same about this overseas ballot, although thinking back we didn't need to register a user account the same way a UK resident would have done?
    I don't have any emails from them with details of a user account being created.

I had submitted a ballot place entry and did recieve the email a day or two later, so either we are all NO or they haven't got the same process for overseas?

Anyone here got in using the overseas ballot previously?

Was wondering the same about this overseas ballot, although thinking back we didn't need to register a user account the same way a UK resident would have done?
    I don't have any emails from them with details of a user account being created.

I had submitted a ballot place entry and did recieve the email a day or two later, so either we are all NO or they haven't got the same process for overseas?

Anyone here got in using the overseas ballot previously?

We did have to register an email address and password. I got the confirmation email at the start of May.

I clicked the link to retrieve my password from them at 8pm last night and still haven't received it so that leads me to believe that the overseas ballot places have not yet gone live on their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

I might have to move to northern ireland next year for, er, work. Can you take in a lodger? :D

RayCun wrote: »
    I might have to move to northern ireland next year for, er, work. Can you take in a lodger? :D

I'll ask my brother if you can move in :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sparkles2012

No Luck in the Ballot again this year

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Willie42

Just checked the link posted and got in on ballot!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 RunningFree 2014

I'm still being told they can't find my details so I'm assuming that means I wasn't lucky. Had really gotten my hopes up too :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

I'm still being told they can't find my details so I'm assuming that means I wasn't lucky. Had really gotten my hopes up too :(

Ya, I got the Ironman mag and get the same response when trying the link. Fingers still crossed for the overseas ballot.

I'm surprised that such a high percentage of boardies got UK ballot entrys

Willie42 wrote: »
    Just checked the link posted and got in on ballot!:)

Willie42 did you enter the UK or overseas ballot?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Willie42

UK Ballot

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

I entered the overseas ballot and there's no sign of an email and I'm not found on the system either.

I assume that they'll have to give some indication to us either way.

They surely can't just expect us to ascertain our own answer from not being able to login to a system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭munsterbear

I entered the overseas ballot and there's no sign of an email and I'm not found on the system either.

I assume that they'll have to give some indication to us either way.

They surely can't just expect us to ascertain our own answer from not being able to login to a system.

Saw on thread on Runner's World that some believe the Overseas emails will go out on Friday, tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

'You're In!' mag arrived yesterday :) GFA though so knew it was coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭xElDeeX

neilc wrote: »
    'You're In!' mag arrived yesterday :) GFA though so knew it was coming!

Apologies if this has already been asked and answered a bazillion times but....I though GFA was for UK residents only?

xElDeeX wrote: »
    Apologies if this has already been asked and answered a bazillion times but....I though GFA was for UK residents only?

That's correct.

That's correct.

So are those who say they have qualified GFA UK residents? Or using someone else address or something?

• Advertisement

xElDeeX wrote: »
    So are those who say they have qualified GFA UK residents? Or using someone else address or something?

Never mind..........I just read the start of the thread. What a palaver! I'm way too law abiding for that so will just do Manchester or something instead :)

Advertisement