Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

xElDeeX wrote: »
    So are those who say they have qualified GFA UK residents? Or using someone else address or something?

You have to prove residency with an I.D. (Driver License, passport etc) or an official letter or utility bill. The registration form that you have to bring to the expo to collect your number will be posted out to your UK address about 3 weeks before the race.
    That's all we are allowed to say on here....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

5th rejection in a row for me after checking using the link. C'est la vie. Guess it's bike base building, Reading half-marathon snd sweating for the wedding this winter for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

RK - Brighton?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

RK - Brighton?

Brighton is for quitters :pac:
    stop splashing around, RK, and work for that place

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Rejections for me and Mrs D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭wowzer

Overseas ballot emails have been sent.
    I didn't get a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 RunningFree 2014

Rejection here too. Sad times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

wowzer wrote: »
    Overseas ballot emails have been sent.
    I didn't get a place.

Haven't got mine yet, please say that's a good sign!

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭NeedsTraining

Thank god I'm not sensitive, another rejection from London

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Nothing here yet, just want to be put out of my misery at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Zebrano

No for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

No for me and one friend. Yes for another friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭munsterbear

Still waiting...

Every time I get new mail my heart jumps. Makes me realise how many stupid mailing lists I'm on...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Screw you and your poxy ballot Mr Brasher :-)
    Barcelona for the forth time or maybe Manchester for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭crisco10

No luck here either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

viperlogic wrote: »
    Haven't got mine yet, please say that's a good sign!

Darn, rejected in overseas also. Least I got a hoody out of the UK rejection

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

The man says "No".

All aboard the BHAA K-Club 10K train.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

I've been rejected lads --> Starts up "London Marathon Rejects Support" thread.

Ah well, just have to concentrate on Tralee, Connemara, Limerick, Killarney, Waterford, Killarney, Dingle, Dublin, SixmileBridge and Clonakilty marathons again next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭nolinejudge

Me either. Do they still do x amount of rejection =higher chance of getting in future years? Or is it all about the sneaky UK good for age..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭munsterbear

No luck either. And little chance of being able to raise the charity amount. Friends and family will disown me if I hound them for another year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Yet another rejection, seems to be the order of the day.

Couldn't have run it anyway in 2015 ...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

RayCun wrote: »
    Brighton is for quitters :pac:
    stop splashing around, RK, and work for that place
    Considering that I broke myself for sub-4 I can't see GFA happening any time soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

Me either. Do they still do x amount of rejection =higher chance of getting in future years? Or is it all about the sneaky UK good for age..

They had a rule that if you missed out for x (5 I think) number of years in a row then you would be guaranteed entry in the following year but they got rid of that a couple of years ago.

You can get charity entries, GFA, club (UK club registered), elite and celebrity/human interest story (if you qualify under any of those headers) aside from the 2 general ballots. The final option that I'm aware of (there's probably a couple more) is to go with a travel agent.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Clearlier wrote: »
    They had a rule that if you missed out for x (5 I think) number of years in a row then you would be guaranteed entry in the following year but they got rid of that a couple of years ago.

You can get charity entries, GFA, club (UK club registered), elite and celebrity/human interest story (if you qualify under any of those headers) aside from the 2 general ballots. The final option that I'm aware of (there's probably a couple more) is to go with a travel agent.

UK Athletics registered clubs get given upto 6 places that they can distribute to their members as they wish, we do a ballot among the people who got rejections through the main ballot.
    There is also separate Championship entry for UKA club members who have a sub 2:45 time for men, or a sub 1:15 half. So there is still time to get a qualifying time for these places.
    The entry fee still has to be paid for these places.

I've already got my GFA place, but if I were to happen to fluke a 2:44 at the end of this month I'd be entering again just for the prestige of lining up on the championship start behind the elites.

robinph wrote: »
    UK Athletics registered clubs get given upto 6 places that they can distribute to their members as they wish, we do a ballot among the people who got rejections through the main ballot.
    There is also separate Championship entry for UKA club members who have a sub 2:45 time for men, or a sub 1:15 half. So there is still time to get a qualifying time for these places.
    The entry fee still has to be paid for these places.

I've already got my GFA place, but if I were to happen to fluke a 2:44 at the end of this month I'd be entering again just for the prestige of lining up on the championship start behind the elites.

Yes, I'd forgotten about the Championship places. Any idea on how they determine the number of non-championship entries allocated to clubs? I'm guessing that it must be membership? We seem to get 3 each year.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Clearlier wrote: »
    Yes, I'd forgotten about the Championship places. Any idea on how they determine the number of non-championship entries allocated to clubs? I'm guessing that it must be membership? We seem to get 3 each year.

Here's the criteria:

http://www.englandathletics.org/england-athletics-news/virgin-money-london-marathon-places-for-affiliated-clubs-2

robinph wrote: »

Given that you get a space for having one member I wonder if anyone has tried setting up a one man club. The club registration fee is £75 + £10 per athlete so it's not massively expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Has anybody done anything about accomodation yet? Have looked at The Strand Palace but seems to be a bit more expensive than last year from what I remember?

Any other recommendations in the same sort of area?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Has anybody done anything about accomodation yet? Have looked at The Strand Palace but seems to be a bit more expensive than last year from what I remember?

Yeah, I thought the Strand Palace had gone up a bit in price since the last time we stayed there for VLM2013, this time we are going to stay in The Guoman (Charing Cross Hotel), just by the station, though there is not much difference in the price, only a few euro less than the Strand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭TRR_the_turd

pistol_75 wrote: »

I booked the strand hotel through an third party website (Agoda). Was expensive all right. 480 euro for a double room including breakfast for 2 nights. Just think it's a great location so took the hit.

Advertisement