Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

I booked the strand hotel through an third party website (Agoda). Was expensive all right. 480 euro for a double room including breakfast for 2 nights. Just think it's a great location so took the hit.

Might still have a smell of puke in the lobby ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Flights now on sale Dublin-London City Airport. Very reasonable, approx €90 p.p return - including 1 checked bag

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭TRR_the_turd

RubyK wrote: »
    Flights now on sale Dublin-London City Airport. Very reasonable, approx €90 p.p return.

which carrier?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

which carrier?

Cityjet I presume. Gonna check now.

Flights now on sale Dublin-London City Airport. Very reasonable, approx €90 p.p return.

Yep looks good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

BA have a new route to/from LCY, opening up next month. Not just Cityjet on that one now.

which carrier?

Sorry CityJet flights.

I think BA flights are also now on sale too.

Just checked, and BA flights are now available Dub-LCA

€106 p.p return with handluggage only.
    €131 p.p return with 1 checked bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

We paid 131 without bag and thought we got a great deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Good value for a 16 mile LSR! ;)

• Advertisement

Flights now on sale Dublin-London City Airport. Very reasonable, approx €90 p.p return - including 1 checked bag

Thanks for this, just booked my flights. 193 euro for the two of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

meno will be delighted,,I hear he has sorted out a nice hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

If that's per person then it's quite expensive tbh!

No probs, nice to get a bit of a bargain.

No probs, nice to get a bit of a bargain.

Thanks as well for the heads up. Nice to have it sorted at a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭ooter

I bagged a gfa time in the Dublin marathon on Monday and now I really want to do London in 2016,if someone could pm me telling me exactly what I need to do I'd really appreciate it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

ooter wrote: »
    I bagged a gfa time in the Dublin marathon on Monday and now I really want to do London in 2016,if someone could pm me telling me exactly what I need to do I'd really appreciate it.

Just bask in the glory of having your time secured for now. There isn't anything to do for now though until the GFA entries open up next year, other than reaquanite yourself with any long lost relatives that you may have living in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

robinph wrote: »
    Just bask in the glory of having your time secured for now. There isn't anything to do for now though until the GFA entries open up next year, other than reaquanite yourself with any long lost relatives that you may have living in the UK.

To add to that here's the link to where you entered for this year.

N.B. The opening and closing dates for entry can change from year to year but to the best of my knowledge it has never been possible to enter until after the previous race has been run so put a reminder for yourself to check back at the end of April.

N.B.B. GFA times are not set in stone. They may change for the 2016 race.

N.B.B.B. - Well done on the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭ooter

Thanks lads.
    Hopefully the time doesn't change for 2016,I was hoping to go under 3:10 just in case but it just wasn't to be.
    I have a few aunts in England so I will be using one of their addresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

City Jet flights booked. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

Two return fares to Gatwick €145 on aerlingus.com today!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Gijima

Would it be too late to get cheap flights in January? Which would be the closest airport to fly into?
    My first London marathon.

Gijima wrote: »
    Would it be too late to get cheap flights in January? Which would be the closest airport to fly into?
    My first London marathon.

Hard to know on the prices to be honest. London City is just beside where the Expo is held which is my main reason for flying there, especially flying in Saturday morning the first thing your going to do is head to the Expo and get that stuff out of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Hard to know on the prices to be honest. London City is just beside where the Expo is held which is my main reason for flying there, especially flying in Saturday morning the first thing your going to do is head to the Expo and get that stuff out of the way.

Flying into London City Myself - hadn't realised it was that close to the Expo so works out very well. Travelling on Friday so will just get it done then.

Flights were €87 return which includes a checked bag and complimentary food and drinks on the flights......on such a short flight i found this very odd! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

I was lucky to get a spot for this next April. Just had a look at the website for registration to pick up number etc. Does anyone know how strict are they on English ID, not sure how I'm gonna get around that one yet. Might have to nominate someone to get it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I was lucky to get a spot for this next April. Just had a look at the website for registration to pick up number etc. Does anyone know how strict are they on English ID, not sure how I'm gonna get around that one yet. Might have to nominate someone to get it

You don't need UK ID to pick up your number, I used my Irish passport last year

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Just turning up with a passport, or photo id, to prove that you are the person that is named on the registration sheet that they post out in March will be enough. You don't need to convince them of anything else now, your in.

Dear TRR_the_turd,

Thank you for completing your 2015 Virgin Money London Marathon Championship entry.

Your running number for the 2015 event is 949

You will be sent a final instructions magazine and a registration form by us in March 2015.

You can find all the official Virgin Money London Marathon clothing and accessories at our online shop, http://www.virginmoneylondonmarathon.com/en-gb/shopping/shop/

If you have further questions please call the Virgin Money London Marathon Helpdesk on 0207 902 0200.

Kind Regards,

2015 Virgin Money London Marathon Team

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭JohnnyBingo

Flights booked to Stanstead. €150 return with Ryanair for two of us with one checked bag each
    Locked in now I guess :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

Flights booked to Stanstead. €150 return with Ryanair for two of us with one checked bag each
    Locked in now I guess :)

Locked in with flights myself, only thing, I'm injured since DCM. 18 week schedule becomes a 12 week schedule!! :mad:

Advertisement