Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post Delivery Issue

Options
  • 15-04-2014 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭

So, lately every single package that we have ordered to our business address in D2 is getting an attempted delivery before 9AM. Our office does not open until 9AM so there is never anyone here. The first two missed packages had flyers dropped in, but suspiciously had no time on them. Packages three and four had flyers too, which had 8:00 written on both of them, but then it looked like someone had gone over them so it said 08:50. Very bizarre behaviour.

Before I have to go fight my case with someone down there I was wondering what if any rules there were around delivery times. Is there no onus on An Post to only deliver to business addresses within normal business hours? They keep trying to deliver packages before we're even open, it's getting ridiculous to keep having to go collect anything for delivery. Do we have any rights in this regards?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Celeron Media

They keep trying to deliver packages before we're even open, it's getting ridiculous to keep having to go collect anything for delivery. Do we have any rights in this regards?

Absolutely Not, special treatment comes at additional costs. They would have to change or delay the whole route just to suit you.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Nope, I've a greater issue that either myself or my OH are always at home, and yet I've had to collect five "we tried to deliver" notices from the sorting office in the past two months,

Our local postman doesn't even bother to ring the doorbell.

When I complained at the sorting office I was just given a number to ring and complain, nothing to do with them apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Absolutely Not, special treatment comes at additional costs. They would have to change or delay the whole route just to suit you.

I can't understand how delivering packages when a business is open could be considered to be special treatment. More like fundamental competency. Which is often asking too much in this country, I suppose. We've a whole pile of packages coming in over the next week or two, I'm probably going to have to be popping up and down in a taxi, the depot is 2km away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Zillah wrote: »
    I can't understand how delivering packages when a business is open could be considered to be special treatment. More like fundamental competency. Which is often asking too much in this country, I suppose. We've a whole pile of packages coming in over the next week or two, I'm probably going to have to be popping up and down in a taxi, the depot is 2km away.

Of course you are looking for special treatment - for standard costs! Many businesses are open at 8, others don't open until 10. Do you want a route designed into take account of all?
    If I leave my home to go to work at 8.15 should an Post make sure to deliver my post before I leave in the morning?

2km is not far at all!

I find your expectation that an Post should deliver according to your hours of business quite astonishing. If you want special treatment, for that is certainly what it would be, then contact the service provider and see how much it would cost!
    Another option is to request the senders to use couriors. Then you'll get masses of deliveries after you close for business in the evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭Tow

Stheno wrote: »
    Nope, I've a greater issue that either myself or my OH are always at home, and yet I've had to collect five "we tried to deliver" notices from the sorting office in the past two months,

Our local postman doesn't even bother to ring the doorbell.

I have complained directly to the GPO over this practice. Even caught the postman in the act a few times posting his 'sorry we missed' you cards in the door.

We now have a solution, he brings the parcels and for his troubles he gets a bottle of wine each Christmas.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Tow wrote: »

We now have a solution, he brings the parcels and for his troubles he gets a bottle of wine each Christmas.

sensible solution. We had problem in the past but by speaking to the postie, and being on a 1st name basis our service was improved remarkably.

to the original posters , before i would complain to head office etc, i would always try to speak to the man on the ground 1st. Often gets the best results too.

Advertisement