Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sutton vdsl ?

Options
  • 15-04-2014 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭

Just wondering...the Sutton vdsl cabinets were connected up back in August (according to a friend in Eircom Wholesale), but it seems my phone number can't get vdsl yet. 

Does that mean I'm too far from the cabinets ? Will there ever be more cabinets installed, or am I boned ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

valen wrote: »
     Just wondering...the Sutton vdsl cabinets were connected up back in August (according to a friend in Eircom Wholesale), but it seems my phone number can't get vdsl yet. 

Does that mean I'm too far from the cabinets ? Will there ever be more cabinets installed, or am I boned ?
    Hi valen

We have no information surrounding VDSL yet however I have asked for clarification. As soon as I have this information I will post to thread however I really do not know when that will be.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

Sutton is a small enough area with a lot of cabinets. At the moment there are only 3 cabinets not fibre enable because the cabinet isn't in place, there are 2 on the Kilbarrack Road (Top and at naomh barrog) and one on the Dungriffen Road. So if you live close to any of these cabinets you are going to have to wait another bit longer.

The Cab at naomh barrog is in progress, I seen some work at it the other day. On the wholesale website it says that the dungriffen road one is also in progress, but i have not seen it to confirm it.

Other than that you would probably have to live right in the middle of howth to maybe not be able to get it. But i would say it is because the cab you are connected to doesn't have a fibre one next to it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭valen

Allen175: I'm near st. Fintan's, pretty much in the middle of the two cabs on Carraigbrack. We'll see. UPC was an option...and then they stopped laying fibre halfway up the road, and have no plans to roll out more of the network :(

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly Alan!

Allen175: I'm near st. Fintan's, pretty much in the middle of the two cabs on Carraigbrack. We'll see. UPC was an option...and then they stopped laying fibre halfway up the road, and have no plans to roll out more of the network :(

Hi valen

I made a mistake in my response to your post yesterday - Apologies :)

Can you please PM me your address and I'll check for an indication of when efibre might be available to you?

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭valen

Hi valen

Can you please PM me your address and I'll check for an indication of when efibre might be available to you?

Thanks
    Al
    Hey, I sent on the PM, though I suspect other Sutton users without VDSL would also like to know.

• Advertisement

Hi valen

Thanks
    Al
    Hey, I sent on the PM, though I suspect other Sutton users without VDSL would also like to know.

Hi valen

Apologies for the delays.

There are many areas within Sutton currently upgraded and planned for vdsl upgrading this year but unfortunately your specific estate/area is not in the release planning stages and upon contacting efibre operations they have informed me that they do not feel that efibre will be made available to your specific area this year but did suggest to get back to us at the end of the year and we will check for further information.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement