Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LG G3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Really looking forward to the phone being released and certainly a phone I would definitely consider buying after how good the G2 was.

What I would like:
    The new snapdragon 805 processor
    20 mp camera
    3500 mah battery
    2 k display
    Good price
    32 GB standard
    Availability in Ireland

What I can dream about:
    Metal body
    4 K display
    Front facing speakers with Boom sound

In reality the G2 offers everything a good phone should so maybe I'm being greedy looking for more but I like more.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

What I'd like to see over the G2:

Metal body
    Smaller screen, 4.7" max. (not going to happen, I know)
    Normal button placement (not likely to see this either)
    Camera to match the Lumia 1020 (or at least the iPhone 5S - to be fair, the G2 came close)

I may get the metal body...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭thomasj

Looks like this is the new LG G3!
    http://www.spigen.com/brands/lg/g3/lg-g3-screen-protector-steinheil.html

Looks like there might be a stylus as well!

Time will tell, unveiling is next Tuesday!

Specs have been pretty much confirmed and I'm a little disappointed tbh. It's going to be the same battery and camera apart from working slightly better in low light. The processor moves from 800 to 801 which should see slightly better battery performance but the 2k screen should limit the affect of this!

Not sure why they have rushed to get this out. The market is flooded with top end phones, it may have been wiser to hold off until the autumn. Atleast then they could have added the 805 processor along with the adreno 420. A 3500 battery would have also been nice!

Hope that isn't all true but certainly looks likely. Think il be getting my G2 fixed and holding on to it for another while.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

If an Irish carrier actually agrees to offer it, that would be priority #1 for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Specs have been pretty much confirmed and I'm a little disappointed tbh. It's going to be the same battery and camera apart from working slightly better in low light. The processor moves from 800 to 801 which should see slightly better battery performance but the 2k screen should limit the affect of this!

Not sure why they have rushed to get this out. The market is flooded with top end phones, it may have been wiser to hold off until the autumn. Atleast then they could have added the 805 processor along with the adreno 420. A 3500 battery would have also been nice!

Hope that isn't all true but certainly looks likely. Think il be getting my G2 fixed and holding on to it for another while.

This basically.
    The 805 isn't really any great shakes anyway.
    2 k display is just a huge waste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭thomasj

So unveiling (if there's anything left to unveil) is in London tonight at 6pm.

Anyone looking forward to this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭beardo81

Yeah looking forward to seeing this, although not much more to see. Really impressive bezel and screen size, interested to see the remaining details. If they can price this lower than the big 3 they could be onto a winner

Exactly what I thought.

Can't see any reason to upgrade from my beloved G2

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

removable battery though and I was surprised to see it's plastic as it looks very similar to the HTC One metallic finish.
    Nice looking phone I have to admit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭mossie

Anyone know if any of the Irish networks will be selling this?

mossie wrote: »
    Anyone know if any of the Irish networks will be selling this?

I've contacted them all and none have any plans to stock it so far. Three and o2 said this could change however.

beardo81 wrote: »
    I've contacted them all and none have any plans to stock it so far. Three and o2 said this could change however.

And then analysts will claim the g2 which nobody stocked wasn't popular so they're not stocking it...

Sigh.

And then analysts will claim the g2 which nobody stocked wasn't popular so they're not stocking it...

Sigh.

I know it's ridiculous. Maybe though LG aren't pushing Irish carriers because the market is not that big. Shame though.

Let's petition them!!

Has any pricing been announced?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

550 for the 16gb and. 600 for the 32.

550 for the 16gb and. 600 for the 32.

Oooph, that's pricey enough even if it is the best phone on the market.

The G2 launched for £400

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Quite like the look of it. But the QHD screen would actually put me off it. There's no need for it. It's just eating more battery and potentially causing issues for apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Quite like the look of it. But the QHD screen would actually put me off it. There's no need for it. It's just eating more battery and potentially causing issues for apps.

Apparently the battery life has been tested on the maximum screen brightness and it performs pretty well.
    Add the fact that most people will never put their screen on max brightness...

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/lg-g3-battery-life-performance-revealed-endurance-tests-1450442

Does anyone think O2 will have this ? I'm thinking of getting an HTC One M8, but if they will stock the G3 I might be tempted to wait a bit longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

Will any of the Irish operators be getting this phone??

Oooph, that's pricey enough even if it is the best phone on the market.

The G2 launched for £400

Cheaper than the S5 and One M8 it's competing against.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jonnybegood

LG G3 outselling Samsung Galaxy S5 3-to-1 in South Korea

No demand for these niche phones from small time manufacturers over here though.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭kave2

No demand for these niche phones from small time manufacturers over here though.

LG a small time manufacturer?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jonnybegood

I think slutmonkey is been sarcastic !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

LG G3 outselling Samsung Galaxy S5 3-to-1 in South Korea

Short term sales burst in LG's home nation doesn't mean much, sales in two or three months will mean more.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

so it looks like no irish operator will be getting this phone in!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

Very annoyed to hear that! My brother is coming from Canada in July and I have already asked him to bring me a Surface Pro 3....I'm sure he won't mind an LG G3 as well :D:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭kave2

madmoe wrote: »
    Very annoyed to hear that! My brother is coming from Canada in July and I have already asked him to bring me a Surface Pro 3....I'm sure he won't mind an LG G3 as well :D:P
    Hehe, I'm getting Surface pro 3 and LG G3 too. Great devices, cannot wait for both.
    Anyone knows if Amazon.de delivers to Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭innocent_lover

I think canadian LTE Bands are different than irish. R u sure this phone will work with 4g network here?

I think canadian LTE Bands are different than irish. R u sure this phone will work with 4g network here?

Hope so! If not I'll order form Amazon.de I guess......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

kave2 wrote: »
    Hehe, I'm getting Surface pro 3 and LG G3 too. Great devices, cannot wait for both.
    Anyone knows if Amazon.de delivers to Ireland?

Yep, Amazon.de deliver to Ireland. And you could also take a peek at amazon.fr for the same items. There might be a difference(small) in the prices:).

Yep, Amazon.de deliver to Ireland. And you could also take a peek at amazon.fr for the same items. There might be a difference(small) in the prices:).

Great mate! Are you gonna go for the 32GB or the 16GB? I got a Nexus 5 wireless charger and kept it after selling the Nexus 5 so I'll be aiming for the 32GB with the built in wireless charging!!

Cheers,
    M

Great mate! Are you gonna go for the 32GB or the 16GB? I got a Nexus 5 wireless charger and kept it after selling the Nexus 5 so I'll be aiming for the 32GB with the built in wireless charging!!

Cheers,
    M

Aren't the North American versions missing wireless charging?

• Advertisement

Aren't the North American versions missing wireless charging?

Think so....that is why I am better off getting it on Amazon.de etc.

Thanks,
    M

I'm disappointed with the battery life on the gsmarena.com review: around 6 hours web browsing, a bit over half what its rivals and the g2 could manage. The quad hd screen is a killer as I feared...

I'm disappointed with the battery life on the gsmarena.com review: around 6 hours web browsing, a bit over half what its rivals and the g2 could manage. The quad hd screen is a killer as I feared...

Not to mention app compatibility and 1080p content looking worse on a QHD screen. It really is as stupid as the megapixel counting on cameras. QHD is a negative mark for my next phone.

Can't say I'm surprised!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Hey all,
    Are there any drawbacks to buying the G3 from www.amazon.de?? Will I get hit for import\customs tax when they ship it to me and it reaches Ireland? It's expensive enough and I don't want to have to pay even more!!

Thanks,
    M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 DC403l

No chance of you being hit with customs charges. You are importing from inside the EU.

Hey all,
    Are there any drawbacks to buying the G3 from www.amazon.de?? Will I get hit for import\customs tax when they ship it to me and it reaches Ireland? It's expensive enough and I don't want to have to pay even more!!

Thanks,
    M

Only downside is that you will get a European charger.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

DC403l wrote: »
    No chance of you being hit with customs charges. You are importing from inside the EU.

Great mate! I guess the European plug charger will be a bit annoying but I have a wireless charger from the Nexus 5 I will be using mostly using it so that negates that kinda ;-) On the Amazon.de website its hard to make out if it has 3GB RAM and includes wireless charging but I am selecting the 32GB model so I'm assuming they come as standard with that model? Anyone here good at German?

Cheers,
    M

Google translate!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭fm

they won't deliver the g3 to ireland at the moment

Great mate! I guess the European plug charger will be a bit annoying but I have a wireless charger from the Nexus 5 I will be using mostly using it so that negates that kinda ;-) On the Amazon.de website its hard to make out if it has 3GB RAM and includes wireless charging but I am selecting the 32GB model so I'm assuming they come as standard with that model? Anyone here good at German?

Cheers,
    M

Think the 32gb is 3mb RAM, 16bgb is 2mb. Not sure about the wireless charging

Google translate!

I have been using it mate but still can't see any mention of 3G RAM or wireless charging :-(

fm wrote: »
    they won't deliver the g3 to ireland at the moment

Why is that mate!??

Why is that mate!??

Well hasn't been released yet.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Well hasn't been released yet.

Yep...but when it is there should be no problem buying it from Amazon.de, right!?

• Advertisement
Advertisement