Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restuarants open on Friday

Options
  • 15-04-2014 6:56pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭

anyone notice any restaurants open on the northside or should we just fire up the BBQ?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭4umbrellas

Not northside, but the barge 'La Peniche' is not only open, it also has alcohol! Gotta love quirks in the licensing laws. See lapeniche.ie (too new to post links).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Not exactly northside but the Coolquay Lodge are opening their restaurant but not serving alcohol.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

4umbrellas wrote: »
    Not northside, but the barge 'La Peniche' is not only open, it also has alcohol! Gotta love quirks in the licensing laws. See lapeniche.ie (too new to post links).

cheers but alcohol wont be required :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Contrary to popular belief. Good friday is not a bank holiday and I have never seen a business close on good friday other than off licenses

Also liquor laws have been updated and its illegal to permit the consumption of alcohol on a licensed premises on Good Friday. So any business that allows bring your own booze is breaking the law. I think even the loopholes around travel were recently closed. Although alcohol laws can be over ridden with a permit from the courts

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/consumer/pricewatch-readers-queries-1.1750813?page=2

well anywhere i have phoned is closed.

the alcohol isnt an issue, as no one in out party will be drinking - imagine that

sorted, this place is open, so pizza and cinema are booked
    http://belcibo.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

BBQ and a load of cans is my plan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

chopper6 wrote: »
    BBQ and a load of cans is my plan!

we'll be round after the cinema :pac:

we'll be round after the cinema :pac:

you will not drinking, so think again :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭MemEmee

hfallada wrote: »
    Contrary to popular belief. Good friday is not a bank holiday and I have never seen a business close on good friday other than off licenses

A lot of resaturants don't open as they feel they can't make enough money if they can't sell alchohol. I know Zaragoza in Dublin is shut. https://twitter.com/ZaragozaDublin/statuses/456738791739228160 And I heard the manager of Moloughneys in Clontarf on the radio (might have been with Matt Cooper) saying they were closed for the above reasons.

Ironically The Church in Dublin's Mary st. A church and a bar is open. https://twitter.com/thechurch_ie/statuses/456523645100126209

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

MemEmee wrote: »
    And I heard the manager of Moloughneys in Clontarf on the radio (might have been with Matt Cooper) saying they were closed for the above reasons.

Then he was telling fibs, because they never open on Mondays

Scroll to bottom
    Dinner
    Tuesday to Sunday from 5pm
    Closed for dinner on Monday.

hmmmmm

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Then he was telling fibs, because they never open on Mondays

Scroll to bottom

hmmmmm

He's talking about Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Have ye no work lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

hfallada wrote: »

incorrect

Good Friday is a Bank Holiday but not a Public Holiday

Banks, Government offices etc will be closed but its up to other businesses after that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Soulful in manor st is open

Advertisement