Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeding a Lawn

• 15-04-2014 7:10pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 67 ✭✭

I have it dug, raked, few pepples but all the big stones gone. Do I just scatter the grass seed and rake in and water ? Bit of a novice !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭farmchoice

Ya, put down the seed and rake it in, no real need to water it if there is rain forecast and when isn't there. The only advice I'd give it don't spare the seed put down plenty, then sit back and wait for the grass (and weeds!!) to grow. Fertilize it with a high nitrogen feed later in the summer don't use the feed and weed stuff on a new lawn. Cut it regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,964 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Hijack alert!!

How long from doing the above would it take for the grass to be 'played on' ... as in an 11yr old and friends kicking football?

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

July???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,964 ✭✭✭Liamalone

tampopo wrote: »
    July???

I don't think the wee man will approve, I'd imagine he'd rather let the bald parts in our garden stay that way rather than have the pitch unplayable for that long lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Do you maintenance in September and a toner for next year

• Advertisement
Advertisement