Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cockatiels

• 15-04-2014 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi, I know this forum is for wild birds, but apparently the pets sections is closed, so I thought i might throw this out here (unless there is another pets link somewhere i cant see) It is a caged bird query so sorry about this, Anyway I have 2 cockatiels and i thought they were a male and female and anyhow as it turns out apparently they are two females and they are laying unfertilized eggs. so me in my enthusiasm and and in an effort to let them get on with it made an aviary outside with proper nesting box, see im not that bad afterall, but seen as they were 2 females and worried about the cold at night and plus they didnt adapt well to it, I took them out of aviary as some bird person told me it would be too cold at night and they mite die as they have always been indoors at night. Anyway heres the question - As two females, are they ok with just keep on laying unfertilized eggs (they are very protective of them and take turns sitting on them) in which case they are very happy in the cage in the kitchen, or are they demented and wondering wheres their babies??

Ok if answer to above is yeah and let them have a bit more of a natural life, does anyone have a male or two males and we could pair them up and let them have fertilized eggs and we could share the babies??
    thanks
    kat.

Comments

Advertisement