Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mountfield Mower - Starting Issue

Options
  • 15-04-2014 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi Folks,

I have a Mountfield mower which is giving me problems starting and I'm wondering if anyone has had a similar issue.

Basically, it rarely starts on the first pull and can often take 10 pulls to start up....both on the choke and off. The mower does not have a primer.

The mower has been recently serviced, however this issue existed beforehand.

Thanks for any advice you may be able to offer.

Comments

If it has been serviced the oil level, air filter and spark plug should be ok.

After that Its probably some wrong with the carburettor. The bowl may need to be cleaned or some of the seals might be damaged. you can get tune up kits for the carb or personally id get some one that knows what their doing to look at it.

Tried to clean up one myself last week and changed the seal and the mower still wont start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

Might be totally irrelevant but my brother in law has a small Mountfield which will only work properly if the petrol cap is a little loose - I didn't believe him but it actually says in the manual not to tighten the cap. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭fiacha

What model engine is on it ?
    Do you know what was done during the last service ?

it's worth giving the carb a flush with some carb cleaner anyway.

It's probably bad spark, fuel starvation or air starvation. It's usually the last one you check :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13 BitsAndBytes

Hi Folks,

thanks for the replies. I'll check the model and engine numbers later. I will also look through what has been recommended.

Thanks

Advertisement