Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuff near fota island

Options
  • 15-04-2014 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭

Myself and my girlfriend will be staying at foto island resort in May, for her birthday. Is there any place near ish for a nice dinner, possibly steak and somewhere that might have a bit of atmosphere on a Monday/Tuesday night?

Also is there anywhere near by that's worth checking out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭.red.

irishguy wrote: »
    Myself and my girlfriend will be staying at foto island resort in May, for her birthday. Is there any place near ish for a nice dinner, possibly steak and somewhere that might have a bit of atmosphere on a Monday/Tuesday night?

Also is there anywhere near by that's worth checking out?

The obvious choice would be fota wildlife park. . If the weather is nice bring a picnic and you could easily spend 4/5 hours in there. Theres plenty to do in cobh.
    For a steak then Rosies in aghada is top notch. Its about 15min drive away tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Lambofdave

Jamerson experience in Midleton distillery
    There is many good places to eat in Midleton

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

the rising tide restaurant isnt a long drive

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

There is - literally - nowhere within easy walking distance. The restaurant in the hotel is only OK; the golf club actually serves better food in my experience, although I haven't been in a while. Rising Tide, mentioned above, is about a 10 minute drive. Midleton (also 10 mins) has several decent restaurants (Sage, Raymonds, others). Cobh has a steak restaurant (Harbour Browns), but I haven't been.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

ELm tree

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

There is - literally - nowhere within easy walking distance. The restaurant in the hotel is only OK; the golf club actually serves better food in my experience, although I haven't been in a while. Rising Tide, mentioned above, is about a 10 minute drive. Midleton (also 10 mins) has several decent restaurants (Sage, Raymonds, others). Cobh has a steak restaurant (Harbour Browns), but I haven't been.

You're wrong there.This place is only about 200 yards from the gate of Fota Island Resort.

http://www.bramleylodge.ie/

The Elm Tree would be about 1.5 miles from there.It won awards for best pub,carvery etc.

http://www.elmtree.ie/homepage.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

A walk around fota gardens is really nice if the weather is good. There is a cafe there in the grounds or you can bring a picnic. It's free. Fota wildlife park is good but paid entry.

Elm tree as mentioned above is a pub nearby that does food. Decent quality, not too expensive. I've never had their steak, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't good.

You are not too far from cork city in fota. About 15mins drive. Plenty of night life there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

You're wrong there.This place is only about 200 yards from the gate of Fota Island Resort.

http://www.bramleylodge.ie/
    :o Forgot about that, and I pass it every day. It's pretty nice, but expensive IIRC.

Advertisement