Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

door to door sales

Options
  • 15-04-2014 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hello there, my husband just got the second interview at FMI in Dundrum. I read so many bad comments about door to door jobs.. We have a small family and I would need some kind of security and they also work crazy hours.. He tells me they are better than other companies.. It's still the same door to door sale job.. The basic salary is pretty bad.. are they really any better? Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

My brother worked there for about 6 months and found the targets difficult. As you've said it's long hours. Has your husband any sales experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭irishjig69b

Trust me, tell him to run a mile from that crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭burgermasters

Nooo! Get him the hell out of there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Asia

He has some sales experience but to me door to door sale is more for young students etc..he does not have any door to door experience...

so hours are crazy and how about the money? For me the basic salary does not give any security...and as you say targets are difficult.. we have a little child and bills to pay.. I feel that during the interview they sale a dream of the life somebody wants to have it and it's far away from what you really can get with this job... are they giving any proper contract you can present it to the bank ? Heath Insurance etc.. we want to apply in the future for a mortgage .. i think most of people will say f..off you at the door.. i do not want him to experience this every day.. so FMI are not any better than other door to door sales jobs please? Thanks so much for your input.

From your situation if stay away to be honest. There are lots of sales jobs around. Especially in Dublin. Is he on LinkedIn?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Asia

thanks so much blindside88.. yes he is on LinkedIn. He has very good expirence and it's great with people. He only started looking for a job 2 weeks ago as he got redundant.. I also believe and keep telling him he is great and there are plenty of jobs here in Dublin but not FMI and door to door.. he wants career change and he keeps telling me that FMI are different.. .. I will talk to him again tomorrow.. thanks so much!

Asia wrote: »
    thanks so much blindside88.. yes he is on LinkedIn. He has very good expirence and it's great with people. He only started looking for a job 2 weeks ago as he got redundant.. I also believe and keep telling him he is great and there are plenty of jobs here in Dublin but not FMI and door to door.. he wants career change and he keeps telling me that FMI are different.. .. I will talk to him again tomorrow.. thanks so much!

Best of luck with the search. Hope he finds something soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SalesKing

Door to door sales is the easiest sales job there is. It truly is only as hard as you make it yourself. However, that been said there are a lot of less than respectful companies who only care about the cream at the top and care little for the staff who do the hard work.

I have worked for a good few companies in the last 10 years. F.M.I. is probably the worst or the worst. <mod snip - Commenting on ongoing legal proceedings may prejudice your case>

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement