Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are AC/DC finished?

Options
  • 15-04-2014 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,692 ✭✭✭✭

Reading some reports on the net that they are no more, and that one of them is very ill (Angus?).

Sad day if true.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ohigg84

Nothing has been confirmed by AC/DC themselves, yet, but based on the rumours, it doesn't look good. Founding member and riffmeister Malcolm Young, had a stroke a few weeks ago. The story goes that the band jammed at the start of April, and Malcolm was unable to play properly like he used to. Even though, they have a studio booked from the 1st of May in Vancouver, the band were due to start sessions for a new album. AC/DC may now not make a new album, and may quit. We'll just have to wait and see. I'm gutted, i've seen them twice, best band ever!

Let's hope Malcolm makes a strong recovery, but it may take him a long time.

FOR THOSE ABOUT TO ROCK, WE SALUTE YOU Malcolm Young!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭maccored

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

"After forty years of life dedicated to AC/DC, guitarist and founding member Malcolm Young is taking a break from the band due to ill health. Malcolm would like to thank the group’s diehard legions of fans worldwide for their never-ending love and support.

In light of this news, AC/DC asks that Malcolm and his family’s privacy be respected during this time. The band will continue to make music."

-- Statement on the official AC/DC facebook page, posted about an hour ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,692 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Sounds like a farewell to me.

Advertisement