Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky watching tonight: ISS and also second object?

Options
  • 15-04-2014 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

I saw ISS just now, 22:40 or so but just a few minutes earlier I saw something slower moving rising in the east, slightly slower moving than ISS and to my eyes it seemed to be changing colour.

White to red and back again every 2 seconds or so. I saw this last night also and thought it was ISS, but tonight I've seen them both within a few minutes of each other.

Any idea what this could be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Hondo75

I seen 2nd object goin south to north bout same time, better view of iss during 1st passin ..out in saggart

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

It was more than likely the Japanese satellite AJISIA (EGS) you saw. It passed around the same time the ISS did.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Flickery things are usually rocket stages tumbling. Satellites would want to be seriously knackered to be visibly spinning every 2 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

Hondo75 wrote: »
    I seen 2nd object goin south to north bout same time, better view of iss during 1st passin ..out in saggart

Seen the same myself 3 times in the last few nights. Really cool looking.
    What I seen wasn't flickering or anything, steady moving object not as bright as the iss.

Advertisement