Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What broadband would you recommend?

Options
  • 15-04-2014 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

My Vodafone broadband and landline contract is up for renewal soon and I'm trying to decide whether to stay with them or not., While my VOdafone broadband is quite fast, it breaks down a lot recently. Would anyone recommend a different provider, and what ones are people using in Laois?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

Kayly wrote: »
    My Vodafone broadband and landline contract is up for renewal soon and I'm trying to decide whether to stay with them or not., While my VOdafone broadband is quite fast, it breaks down a lot recently. Would anyone recommend a different provider, and what ones are people using in Laois?

Stay away from three.

Aptus is what the neighbours use 37 euro a month they say its good.

We are waitin on eircom broadband for past 4 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

UPC are very good. Never had any issues as far as broadband is concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭s14driftking

premier broadband here and no complaints had Vodafone and three in the past and were useless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

Using UPC, myself. No complaints. 120mb download speeds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 SigmundFreud

Wireless Connect.ie are really good. The connection is always up. Speed is a constant 4mb as advertised not 1 in the evening and 3 a night. Its a point to point system so there is no need for telephone lines, provided you have line of sight to the receivers on the hills they have setup around Laois. They are local and very reasonable when it comes to download allowances and billing. They wont just charge you a fortune if you break the limits accidentally. Free test to see if you can actually get a decent signal on their network.

Hope this helps you decide.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭truedoom

**Vai** wrote: »
    UPC are very good. Never had any issues as far as broadband is concerned.

seconded, never had any issues with the broadband.

the online site and services (check the bill online etc.) can give some trouble, but easy to get fixed with staff on twitter/ fb.

Heard they can be forget to apply discounts to bills and that, so always keep an eye on them.

Advertisement