Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats it like to live in Kilmeage

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Kilmeague is the reason for the north/south divide in Kildare.

Northerner:You have
    Southerner: No, you keep it
    Northerner: No no, I insist.
    Southerner: Nah your grand you keep it.
    Thus began 100 years of hostility.
    There was even an attempt a few years ago to donate it to Offaly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Wordless

Once the Hill of Allen remains in Kildare.

Of course it does. We need somewhere to look down on them from.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Wordless wrote: »
    Once the Hill of Allen remains in Kildare.

And that is nearly gone now too!

anewme wrote: »
    I thought it was only me..................looked at a house there years ago and just did not get a good feeling about the place in general..........also heard at the time it was very "rough", did not really understand that either.........who exactly was being rough - there was not many people there?

I lived about 5 minutes outside it in the middle of nowhere, if i were to describe it i would say rough, as you said why? i don't know, there's nothing in it and nothing ever happens there very quiet village, pub is a bit on the past it side.

Of course you'd be 100 times better off looking at clane naas newbridge better facilities all round, but if your outside the village your more than likely in the countryside so depends what your looking for.
    Also there is a quarry very close to the village which was being turned into a landfill, houses where going extremely cheap last june around 90k, so thats worth keeping in might i'm not 100% sure its going ahead but i imagine it wouldn't be pleasant if it did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Stay away from Newbridge. Fierce rough, fierce.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Wordless

Daveysil15 wrote: »

They eat their young ha ha

Wordless wrote: »
    They eat their young ha ha
    Daveysil15 wrote: »
    If we didn't them savages from Kilmeague would.

Advertisement