Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The iTaste VV VW V3 has had a small but significant upgrade :)

Options
  • 16-04-2014 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭

I said I liked the V3 because of all the features, low price, and good size, but couldn't recommend it because it was so poorly built.

Well I caved and ordered a new one from e-smokeireland (my last one predictibly fell apart) because I just couldn't find anything that could compare with it. I also thought, if I get three months from it, it will be worth the €30.

The new one just arrived today and it looks like they've fixed the major two problems :)

Here's the problems with the original version:

1. The atty connector was held on by one rivet, which meant it rocked back and forth, which slowly tore apart the casing:
    m4wqaQe.jpg

2. The top 'control' section, which also has the USB charging connector was held in with a bit of glue. This meant that it slowly came loose and fell out, especially when removing the charging cable:
    JT1d7Vk.jpg

Both these have been fixed!

1. The atty connector now has five rivets on it, which should easily hold it in place:
    SFdAj4h.jpg

2. Instead of glue, the control unit now has a rivet to hold it in place (it only needs one because of how it sits in the unit):

gQgbwVd.jpg

If you where on the fence about one of these guys, just get one now :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Finglas Incubus

I have one of the newer ones with the 5 pins up to, been using it for about 3 months. Over time, the pins have become loose and there is minor movement at the top of the unit - not enough for the parts to separate but its noticeable and slightly annoying, especially with a heavier atty.

Advertisement