Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCP cancels World of Darkness MMO

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

It's a pity, as it sounded like a pretty ambitious and interesting idea. But it doesn't come as much of a surprise considering practically no news about it came out over nearly the last 2 years.

But on the plus side, that second project sounds interesting. I'll have to keep an eye out. Bloodlines sorely needs a sequel, but a fan remake may hit the spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

There was a fanfest vid up a while ago. The dev said his team was poached for other projects. They are spread too thin for eve and dust nevermind this.

I was not too keen on this as a mmo as I could not see the atmosphere working in a mmo.

I loved bloodlines though. I still go back and replay it now and again. Its rare to have so many options in a game that actually have different outcomes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Frankly, I think I'm relieved. I loved the WoD setting, I hate MMOs, I think they were never going to make a good WoD MMO, and I was going to try playing it anyway, and I was probably going to hate it.

So, yay?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭XVII

Very very sad, I was looking forward to it. Not much to expect now from game industry, yet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Zillah wrote: »
    Frankly, I think I'm relieved. I loved the WoD setting, I hate MMOs, I think they were never going to make a good WoD MMO, and I was going to try playing it anyway, and I was probably going to hate it.

So, yay?

They still own the rights so unless they get someone to make another one or lease out the rights we are not getting anything new.

• Advertisement
Advertisement