Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spanish Cup Final ( El Classico ) ,Wed April 16th @8.30pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Neymar, oh dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

what a goal from Bale. Incredible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Barcelonas luck seems to have run out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Lovely goals tonight.

And people bash Messi's dress sense but Ronaldo looks like a character from Grange Hill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Deserved victory for Madrid, delighted for Bale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Hala Madrid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Bale latches onto the ball from inside his own half, galloping like a racehorse, he gloriously burns the young La Masia product Bartra. He finds himself one on one with Pinto, and prods past the eccentric Spaniard with immaculate composure to win the Classico.

Bale, Bale, Bale!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Mars Bar wrote: »
    He can be so greedy. A couple of times tonight all he had to do was square the ball.

And to add he's a crap finisher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Some stadium

Messi looks absolutely wrecked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Blatter wrote: »
    Bale latches onto the ball from inside his own half, galloping like a racehorse, he gloriously burns the young La Masia product Bartra. He finds himself one on one with Pinto, and prods past the eccentric Spaniard with immaculate composure to win the Classico.

Bale, Bale, Bale!
    I-See-What-You-Did-There..png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

What a finish. What a night for Bale, you couldn't do much more to become an instant hero than score a late winner in a Classico cup final, delighted for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Deserved victory for Madrid, delighted for Bale.

Same here,they were booing him a few weeks ago and now they are chanting his name,delighted for him

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Insane Rambling

Annoys the crap out of me when the ref has play stopped for about 50/60 seconds in added time, points to his watch to the players to say he'll be adding it on then blows up bang on the 3 minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Madrid got the breaks tonight ,very little in it .
    I've no doubt if Valdes was in goals he'd have saved both of the goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Neymar still getting games stinks of polotics in the club telling tato to play him id imagine. Deserved win for real all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Every night before I go to bed I kiss my Ronaldo poster.

Am I doing it right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

From twitter: Last time Gareth Bale played in a cup final, he came on in the 98th minute for Jermaine Jenas (2009 League Cup final)

Decent game and thankfully there wasn't much play acting and typical bs from these matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Fudge You

Same here,they were booing him a few weeks ago and now they are chanting his name,delighted for him

Did they? I thought Bale is having a very good season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Just what is going on with Messi?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

Trying to get used to playing without the EPO before the world cup.
    Doesn't want to Maradona it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

It was one of the weirdest appointments, (even worse than Moyes and thats saying alot) for Martino to be appointed Barca manager. A manager that had no right to manager Barca

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Every night before I go to bed I kiss my Ronaldo poster.

Am I doing it right?

Depends where you are kissing. So I'm told anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Blatter wrote: »

Bale, Bale, Bale!

iseawatudidthere.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭John Cherry

Presentation ceremony very amateurish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Headshot wrote: »
    It was one of the weirdest appointments, (even worse than Moyes and thats saying alot) for Martino to be appointed Barca manager. A manager that had no right to manager Barca

Whats funny, or ignorant depending on your point of view, is that people used dismiss Guardiola as a manager saying that "anyone could manage a team with Messi, Xabi, Inesta"....It's plain as day that it takes a specific type of person to manage a club like Barcelona, the players that Barcelona have. If Martino is to go they had better appoint correctly this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Messi, Iniesta, Xavi. 3 of the greatest players of their generation. Busquets, Neymar, Fabregas, Pedro, Pique, Alba, all sublime talents on their own right. A squad of such technical brilliance, one that has changed the face of football over the past 5 years or so playing a very specific way and in one week that legacy has been denigrated by a style and performances unworthy of Barcelona.

Mismanagement has been the catch all term this season, mismanagement off the pitch, mismanagement on the pitch, a compilation of deadweight and a wait until the next generation are ready, mistakes and distracting controversies. It's a club that means so much to so many and it's been pillaged and systematically destroyed from the inside.

Credit to some of the players who kept fighting but in the face of battling against a world class Real Madrid side and battling against perplexing tactics amid a backdrop of chaos and stagnation, it was simply insurmountable in the end. The focus shifts to next season, change is now unavoidable on and off the pitch.

Messi, Iniesta, Xavi. 3 of the greatest players of their generation. Busquets, Neymar, Fabregas, Pedro, Pique, Alba, all sublime talents on their own right. A squad of such technical brilliance, one that has changed the face of football over the past 5 years or so playing a very specific way and in one week that legacy has been denigrated by a style and performances unworthy of Barcelona.

Mismanagement has been the catch all term this season, mismanagement off the pitch, mismanagement on the pitch, a compilation of deadweight and a weight until the next generation are ready, mistakes and distracting controversies. It's a club that means so much to so many and it's been pillaged and systematically destroyed from the inside.

Credit to some of the players who kept fighting but in the face of battling against a world class Real Madrid side and battling against perplexing tactics amid a backdrop of chaos and stagnation, it was simply insurmountable in the end. The focus shifts to next season, change is now unavoidable on and off the pitch.

They were nearly 20 games unbeaten at the start of the season. Lots of these players are past their best, Busquets has been off colour for a long time now(he was atrocious tonight). Iniesta is nearly 30, Xavi 34, Puyol leaving, Alves in decline, Messi seems a shadow of his former self(doesn't look fit to me).

It's not all down to Martino.

What would you do to change things during the summer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Any vids of Bale's goal?
    Missed the last half hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Trying to earn the nickname Le Sulk

Disprove the theory he always plays with a smile on his face?
    Is the ultimate team player, more concerned with doing it for the team then it being all about him?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

Any vids of Bale's goal?

www.101greatgoals.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Any vids of Bale's goal?

I see the spirit of Franco is still alive with the hardcore Real fans

Una-bandera-con-la-esvastica-n_54405070971_54115221154_600_396.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Cheers kiddos. Much appreciated.

RasTa wrote: »
    I see the spirit of Franco is still alive with the hardcore Real fans

Una-bandera-con-la-esvastica-n_54405070971_54115221154_600_396.jpg

Where was the photo taken? And when? Is that not Raul in his number 7 jersey?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Mismanagement has been the catch all term this season, mismanagement off the pitch, mismanagement on the pitch, a compilation of deadweight and a wait until the next generation are ready, mistakes and distracting controversies. It's a club that means so much to so many and it's been pillaged and systematically destroyed from the inside.

Insurmountable? LOL

It's not a 2nd division team playing playing against one of the big guys. You talk about being destroyed from the inside, how about non performing players? That's about as outside as it gets.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    They were nearly 20 games unbeaten at the start of the season. Lots of these players are past their best, Busquets has been off colour for a long time now(he was atrocious tonight). Iniesta is nearly 30, Xavi 34, Puyol leaving, Alves in decline, Messi seems a shadow of his former self(doesn't look fit to me).

It's not all down to Martino.

What would you do to change things during the summer?

Firstly, look at how they have fallen away at the crucial time of the season, that's where it counts. Look at the space Busquets is asked to cover, since the evaporation of the pressing game he's been asked to do far more than is humanly possible, he's dealt with it as well as any player on the planet could have done. Iniesta may be nearly 30 but he remains sublime, as does Xavi Hernandez even if he can't play every week. Pique has been a big miss, more so than Puyol this season, Alves is atrocious these days. I have sympathy for Messi, here you have the greatest player ever and instead of playing to his strenghts we are playing to his weaknesses, he is diminutive and yet we cross the ball? No movement off the ball, making everything too static so opposition teams find it easier to crowd him, no movement for him to find passes into, no change of pace up top to threaten defences to allow him more space between the lines.

At the moment changing things could be rather difficult with there being a transfer ban in place. However transfer ban or not I would bring back Delofeu, Rafinha and call up Suarez and perhaps Dongou. Sell Song, Alves, Tello, Cuenca, Sanchez and perhaps Fabregas. If the appeal is successful then bring in a centre back, another central midfielder and a real number 9.

I'd sack the manager and appoint a manager who is devoted to the Barcelona way and who can win the trust of the dressing room.

As a Barcelona fan, I hope that this board goes, Rosell and his ilk have been a cancer to the club, this board is merely an extension of his reign. It's time to go back to the real Barcelona way.

kryogen wrote: »

Today, one of the stands into the ground. Only jersey I can see is Ramos, 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

I see the spirit of Franco is still alive with the hardcore Real fans[/IMG]

pathetic and extremely stupid post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

kingtiger wrote: »

I'm ignorant to the political history of the club. Would you mind expanding why his post is pathetic and extremely stupid?

kingtiger wrote: »

Yes, please do.

Today, one of the stands into the ground. Only jersey I can see is Ramos, 4

You will see the Raul jersey eventually

Im surprised if that was today, how do you know it belongs to Madrid fans?

How come it was allowed be put up and stay up? Its clearly out in the open

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Firstly, look at how they have fallen away at the crucial time of the season, that's where it counts. Look at the space Busquets is asked to cover, since the evaporation of the pressing game he's been asked to do far more than is humanly possible, he's dealt with it as well as any player on the planet could have done. Iniesta may be nearly 30 but he remains sublime, as does Xavi Hernandez even if he can't play every week. Pique has been a big miss, more so than Puyol this season, Alves is atrocious these days. I have sympathy for Messi, here you have the greatest player ever and instead of playing to his strenghts we are playing to his weaknesses, he is diminutive and yet we cross the ball? No movement off the ball, making everything too static so opposition teams find it easier to crowd him, no movement for him to find passes into, no change of pace up top to threaten defences to allow him more space between the lines.

At the moment changing things could be rather difficult with there being a transfer ban in place. However transfer ban or not I would bring back Delofeu, Rafinha and call up Suarez and perhaps Dongou. Sell Song, Alves, Tello, Cuenca, Sanchez and perhaps Fabregas. If the appeal is successful then bring in a centre back, another central midfielder and a real number 9.

I'd sack the manager and appoint a manager who is devoted to the Barcelona way and who can win the trust of the dressing room.

As a Barcelona fan, I hope that this board goes, Rosell and his ilk have been a cancer to the club, this board is merely an extension of his reign. It's time to go back to the real Barcelona way.

Couldn't fit more cliches and excuses for players into 2 paragraphs if i tried. Yes it is not the team it once was but that wasn't exactly a hiding that they just had, small margins lost it for them and after scoring looked more likely to add to that.

But i agree on the manager, bring in someone of the Klopp ilk and that team is far from a total decline.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭DM360

kryogen wrote: »

Surely it's more likely that's a fan wearing a Raul number 7 jersey? It doesn't look much like a players entrance.

Couldn't fit more cliches and excuses for players into 2 paragraphs if i tried. Yes it is not the team it once was but that wasn't exactly a hiding that they just had, small margins lost it for them and after scoring looked more likely to add to that.

But i agree on the manager, bring in someone of the Klopp ilk and that team is far from a total decline.

Sure you could, if you really wanted to. Small margins, big margins, it doesn't matter, you reap what you sow (I do hope that you enjoyed that cliche) it's one of the beauties of football, you will almost always get what you deserve. The mismanagement of this team, and club, has been in motion for quite some time now, it has manifested itself over the course of 90 minutes, it has manifested itself over the course of this week, it has manifested itself in every sub-par Barcelona performance we have seen in the past two seasons. Small margins were the difference tonight, those small margins were created by a series of calamities and widescale mis-handling of the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Klopp hates the Barca style, he said he'd never go there.

Firstly, look at how they have fallen away at the crucial time of the season, that's where it counts. Look at the space Busquets is asked to cover, since the evaporation of the pressing game he's been asked to do far more than is humanly possible, he's dealt with it as well as any player on the planet could have done.

Yeah I agree he's over-worked(same for Spain imo) but he's constantly giving the ball away, very unlike him.
    I have sympathy for Messi, here you have the greatest player ever and instead of playing to his strenghts we are playing to his weaknesses, he is diminutive and yet we cross the ball? No movement off the ball, making everything too static so opposition teams find it easier to crowd him, no movement for him to find passes into, no change of pace up top to threaten defences to allow him more space between the lines.

That's been a problem for longer then this season though. Crossing the ball to no-one. Fabregas isn't a false 9 imo and Neymar has struggled lately and Sanchez and Pedro haven't developed like I thought they would.

There's more to it then that though. Messi's attitude has been all wrong for the past 18 months, apart from the odd great performance here and there. He just looks completely drained, mentally and physically. And it won't get any better with the World Cup coming, no chance for a break.

Luis Enrique? I agree with you that Rosell and that board are a total poison. And poison tends to spread through a club like a virus(Newcastle are a great example).

De Boer would be a good choice imo.

• Advertisement

Sure you could, if you really wanted to. Small margins, big margins, it doesn't matter, you reap what you sow (I do hope that you enjoyed that cliche) it's one of the beauties of football, you will almost always get what you deserve. The mismanagement of this team, and club, has been in motion for quite some time now, it has manifested itself over the course of 90 minutes, it has manifested itself over the course of this week, it has manifested itself in every sub-par Barcelona performance we have seen in the past two seasons. Small margins were the difference tonight, those small margins were created by a series of calamities and widescale mis-handling of the club.

Who would you like to see as Manager next year? Given that Martino will almost definitely walk to the Argentina job. And given that Pep won't be leaving Bayern.

De Boer?
    Pochettino?
    Luis Enrique?
    Ernesto Valverde?

Advertisement