Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

planed 2x4s in Mayo

Options
  • 16-04-2014 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi all :)

I've got some nice blueprints for some furniture. Friend of mine sent them to me saying "they mainly use 2x4s and 2x6s, they are cheap and you can get them everywhere". For last two days I'm calling around for CLS/planed 2x4s and looks like no one sells them. I found 2x6s at Archers, even when the guy was telling me they are rough cut (they weren't rounded but planed all right, and the size matched). I can get rough 2x4s cheap as dirt, but the whole idea was to skip the planning. Can anybody help me find some in Mayo or not too far from here? Thanks in advance!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Maphisto

No, but I have the same trouble sourcing wood in Mayo so I'm watching the replies ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭doctorchopper

B and q have cls 2x4,well they do in liffey valley.i'd say their other shops should stock them as well

• Registered Users Posts: 46 kodi

B and q have cls 2x4,well they do in liffey valley.i'd say their other shops should stock them as well

To my surprise they actually do. I just called them - and they have something in Galway as well, 5.85 each @8ft. It's just 130kms from me, so getting closer than Dublin ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭peter bermingham

Give archers in ballina a ring think they do planed stock or brooks in sligo

• Registered Users Posts: 46 kodi

I practically live not too far from Archers - they don't do planed 2x4s at all, no CLS in stock either. They do have planed 2x3s and 2x5s (but in metric standard) and gave me very nice price for rough 2x4s. MPMoran in Swinford have planed 2x4s but in metric (x44mm) standard as well (and over 13Euro for 2.4m - a little too much). I'll try Brooks next week - thanks very much for the lead. I'll probably end my search with B&Q Galway - there is a nice guy doing precision woodcutting not too far from there, so my current plan is to go to B&Q, send Tom those blueprints and get the wood cut on site.

• Advertisement
Advertisement