Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching to eFiber broadband

Options
  • 16-04-2014 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi i really hope you can help me out with this problem i phoned eircom about 2 weeks ago looking to switch to efiber which was just enabled in athy but i was told flat out that there was no way to switch without setting up a direct debit acount . I have being an eircom customer for 15 years and always payed through the post office its a shared house so it would be a real pain to get the bill linked to one persons account . Anyway i got a phone call from an eircom rep yesterday about switching to efiber i told her about my problem with direct debit she then asked for my account number and after checking told me i could get efiber and continue to pay through the post office i had to ask my housemates so i said i would phone back today and again i was told i would have to pay through the bank . So long story short if im an existing customer can i sign up for efiber without seting up direct debit billing and continue to pay through the post office and if so how can i contact a rep that also knows this =)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

mememo wrote: »
    Hi i really hope you can help me out with this problem i phoned eircom about 2 weeks ago looking to switch to efiber which was just enabled in athy but i was told flat out that there was no way to switch without setting up a direct debit acount . I have being an eircom customer for 15 years and always payed through the post office its a shared house so it would be a real pain to get the bill linked to one persons account . Anyway i got a phone call from an eircom rep yesterday about switching to efiber i told her about my problem with direct debit she then asked for my account number and after checking told me i could get efiber and continue to pay through the post office i had to ask my housemates so i said i would phone back today and again i was told i would have to pay through the bank . So long story short if im an existing customer can i sign up for efiber without seting up direct debit billing and continue to pay through the post office and if so how can i contact a rep that also knows this =)

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi mememo

I can confirm that Direct Debit is a specific condition of efibre and we will not be able to offer an efibre upgrade with agreement to Direct debit. I'm aware that this can be disappointing considering your loyal custom over the years however this is a condition of service which cannot be waived.

Thanks
    Al[/font]

Advertisement