Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hoping to Move to Eircom eFibre

Options
  • 16-04-2014 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi Folks,

I am currently with Magnet Fatpipe in Clonattin Village, Gorey, County Wexford. I am having serious degradation of service issues in the evening which they have not been able to resolve. I get at least 70MB/s in the mornings but drops to circa 10MB/s in the evenings. 

They reckon is lack of bandwidth which i find hard to believe...

Anyways....I am looking to leave them and move to Eircom. Can you ensure in any way that I should not have these issues with Eircom?

I am spitting distance from the cabinet and can provide exact address if needed.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Folks,

I am currently with Magnet Fatpipe in Clonattin Village, Gorey, County Wexford. I am having serious degradation of service issues in the evening which they have not been able to resolve. I get at least 70MB/s in the mornings but drops to circa 10MB/s in the evenings.

Anyways....I am looking to leave them and move to Eircom. Can you ensure in any way that I should not have these issues with Eircom?

I am spitting distance from the cabinet and can provide exact address if needed.

Thanks

Hi Sinistralxo

Very sorry to hear this, I will not be able to guarantee specific speeds or assure you that you will not experience similar issues with eircom. I can assure you that what you have detailed is not normal and should it occur with eircom our engineers will do all they can to work on resolving this for you :)

I will be unable to place or arrange such orders myself and may need to refer you to contact our sales department on free phone 1800503303 however if you would like to PM me your address I can offer you an indication of the max speeds your line can hold.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Sinistralxo

Excellent, thanks Alan,
    PM sent.

regards
    Gareth

Excellent, thanks Alan,
    PM sent.

regards
    Gareth
    Hi Sinistralxo

Thanks for the details,

I can see your address will qualify for up to 70MB speeds so if you want to give efibre sales a call (1800503303) they will be able to discuss a few options with you :)

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Sinistralxo

Excellent, thanks Alan,
    PM sent.

regards
    Gareth
    Hi Sinistralxo

Thanks for the details,

I can see your address will qualify for up to 70MB speeds so if you want to give efibre sales a call (1800503303) they will be able to discuss a few options with you :)

Thanks
    Al
    Thats good news, I will give the a buzz thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

Hi Folks,

Thanks
    You probably need your head examined. Even if you are actually lucky enough to get broadband when they say they will give it to you, the broadband is very very poor. Dont go near the TV either as eircom will actually ACTIVELY SLOW your signal to accomodate the sub standard product and white elephant that is EVISION.

stay safe... kay?
    Dude or Dudette. Which do you work for UPC or SKY? You have 7 posts all slamming evision but no facts or figures or even a back story. You are clearly a troll with an agenda

• Advertisement

Excellent, thanks Alan,
    PM sent.

regards
    Gareth
    Hi Sinistralxo

Thanks for the details,

Thanks
    Al
    Thats good news, I will give the a buzz thanks!
    No worries Sinistralxo

Happy to help :)

Al

Advertisement