Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star of the Sea A/C 5K Road Race - Tuesday 13th May 2014

Options
  • 16-04-2014 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭

Star of the Sea A/C 5K race & fun run will take place again this year in Stamullen, Co Meath on Tuesday 13th May at 8:30pm.

AAI permit has been granted and chip timing is provided as standard.

Entry for this race is through Precision Timing at a cost of €15. Entry is also available on the night with no increase in price.

Last years results are here

Course route is here

Prize breakdown is as below:

1st 5 Men Overall
    1st 5 Ladies Overall
    1st 2 Junior Male & Female

Masters (O40, O50, O60) First 2

Team prizes for first 2 teams (Male & Female)

Registration and after race refreshments served in St Patricks Gaa club.

Tee shirt for the first 300 registrations and goody bag for all finishers.

Any questions just ask and I'll try best to answer them or find out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Would love to get up to support this race but Tuesday evenings don't really work for me with work. Will try and get a few from the club (Dunleer) to head up.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭NiallG4

Sounds good. I am in.

What's the profile of this course like? Might be able to get over after work if it doesn't start until 8.30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

pconn062 wrote: »
    What's the profile of this course like? Might be able to get over after work if it doesn't start until 8.30.

Hi PConn,

I'll answer based on last years course. The start might move a few hundred metres to accommodate a track finish but has no impact on profile.

The first K is pretty quick apart from a flyover at the very start. 1-2K again is flat downhill for the first half of it and then a bit of a rise through Stamullen village. Then it flattens out and you swing into a private grounds for about 1K. There is a bit of a downhill here followed by a rise coming back out onto the road at 3.5K. From here you head back down towards Stamullen, gradual downhill followed by the hill you came up through the village. Really quick until a turn up to the finish with around 250 metres to where where it is gradually uphill to the finish.

Hope this helps. The winners time last year stacks up with times he was running for various other 5K's around the same time last year.

Thanks a lot for that, yeah I checked the results and seen that Colin ran 15:18 so there must be some good running on it! Hopefully will get over presuming I finish work on time, looking forward to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭plodder

I might give this a bash. Registration is still possible on the night, I presume?

plodder wrote: »
    I might give this a bash. Registration is still possible on the night, I presume?

Online registration is open until midnight tonight and registration on the night is also possible. No price increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭plodder

Great race this evening. I really enjoyed that. Conditions were perfect and it was all really well organised. I can't believe the amount of food and other stuff including shirt, we got for 15 euro.

plodder wrote: »
    Great race this evening. I really enjoyed that. Conditions were perfect and it was all really well organised. I can't believe the amount of food and other stuff including shirt, we got for 15 euro.

Thanks for the feedback Plodder. Everyone running that I spoke to seemed to have a positive experience. I was marshalling out on the course directing runners through the gate into St Claire's.

Numbers were well up on last year with 430 entries.

Link to results here

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭roro2

Well done all. Great conditions, really well organised, low cost. Really high standard at the front too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

My 2nd year running this as a part time non club runner.
    Very nice route, not as hilly as I thought from last year.
    Very well organised, great value and I can only see this growing in numbers.
    Well done.

Advertisement