Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Groupon voucher for hire car

Options
  • 16-04-2014 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭

Just went to redeem a voucher for money off a hire car, went through the process on the phone and she wanted to take a payment of €2,500 as a deposit
    That's crazy, I've booked many hire cars over the years and normally a credit card is all that is needed
    Ruined my holiday plans now

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,059 ✭✭✭✭L1011

If you're paying in cash or equivalents (as vouchers would be in this case), they usually look for a huge further sum of cash as a deposit. I'd be pretty certain that it was detailed in their T&Cs when you bought the voucher.

In the case of credit cards they usually preauth their inflated value of the fuel (if they work on a return full basis) and sometimes maybe another 250 or so but not the same amount at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

MYOB wrote: »
    If you're paying in cash or equivalents (as vouchers would be in this case), they usually look for a huge further sum of cash as a deposit. I'd be pretty certain that it was detailed in their T&Cs when you bought the voucher.

In the case of credit cards they usually preauth their inflated value of the fuel (if they work on a return full basis) and sometimes maybe another 250 or so but not the same amount at all.

I rang groupon and they said it's not in the terms and conditions, I was booking using a credit card as the voucher is only covering a small part of the minimum spend required
    Groupon said they will get back to me regarding a refund

Advertisement