Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RE: Online Business Banking

Options
  • 16-04-2014 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm getting bit annoyed with my business banking, it can only work it seems with IE 7 (please correct me if I'm wrong with this), I can't do anything with it for the last couple of weeks. I can't authorize a transaction. It keeps coming up as loading. I've done everything as per the help section in the BOI help page. I deleted Java from my PC completely, re-installed it, re-booted internet, same error appears, powered the PC down completely and logged in again and same error again loading screen appears for ages. Please can someone tell me what's wrong. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi BPH,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for contacting us on Boards.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]The Business Online website will operate on all versions of Internet Explorer from 7 onwards.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]The issue that you are encountering is usually linked to the java installation on your PC. However as you have already taken steps to re install java it is advisable to contact the Business Online Helpdesk where one of the representatives can check some further settings on your browser.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You can verify your Java version and test that it is working correctly on the Java website. You may also need to check your browser add ons to ensure that the relevant add ons are enabled for Java.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Please call 1890 818 265 from 8am – 6pm Monday to Friday.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Alternatively, you may find the help and support section at the following link useful:[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]http://businessbanking.bankofireland.com/bol/bolhelpandsupport/?utm_source=BOL&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=ad3&utm_campaign=help_sup[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I hope this helps.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Alison[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 8 neilmemo

In Win 8 you need to right-click Internet Explorer and select "Run as Administrator" to fix the specific error below. Result of 2 weeks of trial and error on my part. BOI don't publish this on their website and support don't tell you. Hope that helps 
    BPH wrote: »
    I can't authorize a transaction. It keeps coming up as loading. I've done everything as per the help section in the BOI help page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi neilmemo,

Thanks for the post.

Windows 8 operating system usually comes with two Internet Explorer options available - Metro mode and Desktop mode.

As Metro mode runs IE without add ons, we advise that Business Online users access the site using the desktop version of Internet Explorer as this allow the relevant java add ons to run.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you need further assistance.

Thanks

Nicola  

• Registered Users Posts: 8 neilmemo

Hi Nicola

This is for desktop mode. You need to run as admin for latest IE11 update

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi neilmemo,

Thanks, as you mentioned if there is a problem running add ons or other restrictions preventing access -  this fix can sometimes resolve the issue for users.

The ‘Run as an administrator’ option is a standard part of the trouble shooting procedures used when you contact the Business Online Helpdesk for assistance.

If you are experiencing issues accessing the site, it is advisable to contact a representative who will go through a number of settings on your browser to see if they can resolve the matter for you.  

Thanks

Nicola 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭northwestramble

You have to love the fact that a banking website, encourages poor security practice as a solution to the problem with their website.  Run a web browser with Admin level permissions :) 

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Yurple

You have to love the fact that a banking website, encourages poor security practice as a solution to the problem with their website.  Run a web browser with Admin level permissions :) 
    Exactly!! It's absolutely ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭northwestramble

If you are a business online customer it might be worth having a look at this website https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/ and just run a simple check of the new website. It makes for interesting results. 

Advertisement