Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resignings & FA Rules

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Just looked in there and that only lets me view the player card or release the player.

Should also be on the home page too

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Loads of player parting ways with the skins, Grimes and Kerrigan being the picks of the bunch. Orakpo was tagged. Might try resign grimes.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Free agency is now live gentlemen, spend wisely!
    For Free Agency and i'll remind you all again before it starts

Remember gents, max of 20% of total contract value can be salary.

If you want to offer a total of 1 million, this mean 800,000 is salary, 200,000 is bonus.

Handy spreadsheet here, SPREADSHEET

There will be no excuses taken, if you fcuk up on bonus % or years (or both) you will be forced to release the player and take the cap hit.

Please thank the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Spend Wisely he says, thats not possible with the CPU lads, their in like flies on the dung

Colts have a massive $3.43m to spend, straight to the draft.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Baltimore have 240k to spend. You couldn't sign a one legged punter for that money

Just torture looking at these attractive FA's and no chance :(

Roll on the draft

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

i think ive about 15 mill (if someone is on XBL feel free to check for me!
    However i need me a QB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

I don't know what to do in the off season so I'm lost. But one thing iv noticed that half of my offence decided to jump ship! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Colts have a massive $3.43m to spend, straight to the draft.

Have a look at my three QB's, Barkley and the Rookie from last season have low contracts in particular. Might be an option for you if you want to trade. Barkley has insane accuracy, and his XP generates fairly quickly too. Only reason I dropped him late last season was some of the throws I like to make require a strong arm for avoiding DB's when throwing across field to the outside. His power is 85, I believe.

Not even entirely sure I prefer Foles to him tbh.

Just said I'd throw it out there in case you were worried about the QB situation!

Knex. wrote: »
    Have a look at my three QB's, Barkley and the Rookie from last season have low contracts in particular. Might be an option for you if you want to trade. Barkley has insane accuracy, and his XP generates fairly quickly too. Only reason I dropped him late last season was some of the throws I like to make require a strong arm for avoiding DB's when throwing across field to the outside. His power is 85, I believe.

Not even entirely sure I prefer Foles to him tbh.

Just said I'd throw it out there in case you were worried about the QB situation!

Thanks mate, i love me some eagles as you know, but gonna wait til after the draft if you dont mind.

• Advertisement

Thanks mate, i love me some eagles as you know, but gonna wait til after the draft if you dont mind.

Makes sense.

Makes sense.

It does now but when the CPU's swoop in with all their early picks, it wont.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Quick question re: free agency contracts lads.

Say for example I'm offering someone $64m over 4 years.

20% of $64,000,000 is $12,800,000, so does that mean that I can offer a bonus of up to that for such a deal? The reason I ask is that when I go to my negotiation list I see the below:

"4/$36m contract with $28m signing bonus"

The above has just thrown me off a little but I think I'm correct in what I said originally, am I?

Thanks.

I think Your right in 12.8m and

Who are you offering 64m to?

Paully D wrote: »
    Quick question re: free agency contracts lads.

Say for example I'm offering someone $64m over 4 years.

20% of $64,000,000 is $12,800,000, so does that mean that I can offer a bonus of up to that for such a deal? The reason I ask is that when I go to my negotiation list I see the below:

"4/$36m contract with $28m signing bonus"

The above has just thrown me off a little but I think I'm correct in what I said originally, am I?

Thanks.

if you want to offer a total of 64 million, then salary must be 51.2 million and bonus must be 12.8 mill

Remembe needs to be 4 years for the dea...

if you want to offer a total of 64 million, then salary must be 51.2 million and bonus must be 12.8 mill

Remembe needs to be 4 years for the dea...

Okay, I've gone 4 years.

Salary $9m (so x4 would be $36m)
    Bonus $7m (so x4 would be $28m)

Total = $64m

Is that alright? Or am I making a complete balls of that deal? Maths and NFL contracts are not my forte to say the least :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Your max bonus is 20% of 64m which is 12.8m

Okay, I've gone 4 years.

Salary $9m (so x4 would be $36m)
    Bonus $7m (so x4 would be $28m)

Total = $64m

Is that alright? Or am I making a complete balls of that deal? Maths and NFL contracts are not my forte to say the least :pac:

Don't think you can do that.

9+7 = 16. 20% of 16 = 3.2m

So Bonus per year would be $3.2m, and Salary would then be $12.8m

Over the four years, Salary is 51.2, Bonus is 12.8. Total = $64m

Don't think you can do that.

9+7 = 16. 20% of 16 = 3.2m

So Bonus per year would be $3.2m, and Salary would then be $12.8m

Over the four years, Salary is 51.2, Bonus is 12.8. Total = $64m

Cheers mate. So taking another example, just to clarify:

Salary - $4.5m (x4 = $18,000,000)
    Bonus - $1.2m (x4 = $4,800,000)

Total = $22.8m

However, 20% of $22.8m = $4,560,000 so does this mean I am over the 20% bonus threshold by $240,000 when offering $4,800,000? If the answer to that is yes then I finally know what I am doing :pac:

Thanks.

Cheers mate. So taking another example, just to clarify:

Salary - $4.5m (x4 = $18,000,000)
    Bonus - $1.2m (x4 = $4,800,000)

Total = $22.8m

However, 20% of $22.8m = $4,560,000 so does this mean I am over the 20% bonus threshold by $240,000 when offering $4,800,000? If the answer to that is yes then I finally know what I am doing :pac:

Thanks.

Yup. You got it.

• Advertisement

use the calculator i have linked to, all you need to do is put in how much in total you want to pay and it does the calcs for you

Yup. You got it.

Thanks a lot. I could have been in a lot of trouble :pac:
    use the calculator i have linked to, all you need to do is put in how much in total you want to pay and it does the calcs for you

It's a view only spreadsheet mate it doesn't allow editing unfortunately.

Anyway, after my maths lesson, who has everyone gone for so far then? :pac:

I had around $25m in cap space.

Desperately needed HB (x2 after Sproles retirement) and a FB so targeted the run game primarily.

I had enough money to make a luxury signing so have gone for Demaryius Thomas as I'd like to improve my WR corps a bit and need to get much better in the passing game up against the quality passing offenses of Empacher and Gatsby in my division.

Just targeted a couple of depth guys then. A returner in Brandon Tate so I'm not bricking it every time my slot guy Mason Teller returns a kick, and backup for Kenny Vaccaro at the SS position in Will Hill.

Elsewhere, I see the Falcons have gone for JJ Watt (Tyler Bray says "gulp").

Looking forward to seeing who I get now.

Haven't done much so far, but just tried to pick up one or two of the fellas on my Roster who slipped into FA.

I'll take proper stock of the situation when I get home later. Weigh up what I can draft, and what I need to dip into FA for.

Colts are staying away from the FA market, we feel by moving players around in different positions, our starting team is strong enough.........nothing to do with having no money....none.....zilch.....not even a peanut to offer anybody :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Thanks a lot. I could have been in a lot of trouble :pac:

It's a view only spreadsheet mate it doesn't allow editing unfortunately.
    Spreadsheet worked fine for me when I downloaded it,now I have that and Heli's other spreadsheet from Madden 12 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

People should also not that they need to have a positive cap figure for the draft. As the CPU will cut a player to make sure there's enough cap for the rookie reserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Was just messing around with different trade ideas and I see that Bradys cap hit is -4 million!
    So if I wanna trade him I lose 4 million from my cap.
    Anyone know what the deal is with that?

empacher wrote: »
    People should also not that they need to have a positive cap figure for the draft. As the CPU will cut a player to make sure there's enough cap for the rookie reserve.

Does the CPU not automatically account for your rookie reserve figure mate? I had $30m + pre-free agency and $25m once we advanced so I presume that is the rookie reserve figure gone?

• Advertisement

My Rookie reserve appears to already be accounted for.

Eagles releasae D.Ryans - MLB 82 Ovr

and DT I.Sopoaga - 80/81 Ovr

In the market for a 3-4 MLB.

Advertisement