Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resignings & FA Rules

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Knex. wrote: »
    My Rookie reserve appears to already be accounted for.

Eagles releasae D.Ryans - MLB 82 Ovr

and DT I.Sopoaga - 80/81 Ovr

In the market for a 3-4 MLB.

Aren't we all? :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Paully D wrote: »
    Does the CPU not automatically account for your rookie reserve figure mate? I had $30m + pre-free agency and $25m once we advanced so I presume that is the rookie reserve figure gone?
    Ya the rookie reserve has been taken away now that everyone's draft place is known.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Aren't we all? :pac:

Well, D.Ryans is sitting in the FA for ya now!

nfl-free-agency-tracker.jpg

The 2nd season of the Boards franchise sees many top players choosing to hit free agency. What is surely the highest rated free agent in Boards franchise history in JJ Watt has hit the market, along with other big names such as Cam Newton, Aldon Smith, Rashad Jones, Mike Iupati and Dez Bryant.

So where are we at so far?

It's a cracking market for QB's and Newton and Locker are generating the most interest so far. Newton is travelling to Oakland tonight with the Titans in talks to bring back Locker at a reduced deal. However, they have leverage with Adam Schefter reporting that they've also made an offer to Matt Schaub who is willing to play at a much lower price than Locker. The QB search is certainly heating up in Tennessee. Alex Smith has surprisingly generated no interested as of yet with teams reportedly put off by his asking price. As a Super Bowl winning QB that's his prerogative though.

The aforementioned JJ Watt currently has four visits planned, namely the Jags, Niners, Falcons and Eagles. He's certainly to have even more interest as FA progresses and he's the type of franchise changing player that teams will be juggling cap room to make a play for. Can any of these teams risk letting him walk out of their facility without being signed up?

Dez Bryant is scheduled to meet with the Broncos after Demaryius Thomas, who the Saints are reportedly all in on and are said to be meeting in Denver tomorrow, hit free agency. The Broncos are also trying to sign Kyle Rudolph after Julius Thomas decided to test his worth on the market.

Reports from Redskins beat writers indicate that Champ Bailey is a target for them and that they want to ensure an experienced CB tandem in Washington for the current season with Brent Grimes offered a chance to return.

Elsewhere, Jets GM John Idzik has said Vince Wilfork is their #1 priority this offseason and the Falcons are going all out to boost their defence with a large offer put on the table for playmaking SS Rahim Moore.

The Raiders have a mountain of space and are the most active team this far, going all in on Cam, Aldon Smith, Vince Wilfork and Dez Bryant along with trying to re-sign Veldheer. They're certainly a CPU team no one will want to face if they lock a few of those up.

Until next time......

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Colts release Greg Toler, can hopefully get 3 or 4 players in with his release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

nfl-free-agency-tracker.jpg

The aforementioned JJ Watt currently has four visits planned, namely the Jags, Niners, Falcons and Eagles. He's certainly to have even more interest as FA progresses and he's the type of franchise changing player that teams will be juggling cap room to make a play for. Can any of these teams risk letting him walk out of their facility without being signed up?

pJNmurL.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Locker may be coming to Seattle...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Locker may be coming to Seattle...

but you have wilson :(

Though im sure Locker would like to play on a winning team for once!

but you have wilson :(

Though im sure Locker would like to play on a winning team for once!

Taking into account the ratings difference and salary difference, you might be better off with Schaub mate.

As an aside, we're advancing at 10pm yeah?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Taking into account the ratings difference and salary difference, you might be better off with Schaub mate.

As an aside, we're advancing at 10pm yeah?

yep, it'll be 10pm sharp so make sure all bids are in.

Locker likely wont sign til week 3 but if i get schaub i dont have an issue with that

• Advertisement

Ha offered locker a 600k one year contract! It's all he's worth!

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Ha offered locker a 600k one year contract! It's all he's worth!

bet he bloody takes it!

bet he bloody takes it!

Ha he better not!

Week advanced...

Jason Witten Retired!
    Antonio Gate Retired

Robert Mathis retired!! sorry rock!!
    Brady Retired!

Knew he would Heli, think i said it to you during our last game, i expected it, on the plus side it gives me a bit of dosh to throw at replacements

happy to see him go to be honest, sack machine for all of our games

Texans picked up and speedy back up HB, Gresham at TE and a 2nd string linebacker!

Many other signings gone through? I won't get on until after Match of the Day.

Many other signings gone through? I won't get on until after Match of the Day.

You picked up Thomas WR i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Josh Johnson QB returns to the Bengals
    Paully loading up the Saints offence with Demarco Murray, Demariyius Thomas (4 years 66 million :eek:) and Dexter McCluster
    Russell Okung LT to the Colts
    Pudsy loves his veteran cornerbacks, Champ Bailey to the Skins, 1 year 8.1 million

No other big signings realy

• Advertisement

D Thomas Saints WR
    D Murray HB Saints
    D McCluster Saints

A few signings, but nothing major so far

Broncos now have 6 HBs after signing Christine Michael

D Thomas Saints WR
    D Murray HB Saints
    D McCluster Saints

A few signings, but nothing major so far

Cool. Especially happy with the addition of Thomas. It's a big deal, sure, but I had the space so might as well use it and he seems to be just what I need as Moore is getting rapidly worse. If Jones-Drew signs up too my offense is looking good.

Delighted to get Okung, now i just need to get a QB

Eagles pick up anyone, do you know?

Knex. wrote: »
    Eagles pick up anyone, do you know?

S Kock P Eagle
    A Garay RE Eagles

Cheers heli!

Delighted to get Okung, now i just need to get a QB

Great LT, had to cut him as he saved me 10 mil

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Just want to confirm something. Is the max amount of years we can offer 4 no matter what?

• Advertisement

Yes, you can offer less than 4 years a aswell

Advertisement