Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resignings & FA Rules

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Yes, you can offer less than 4 years a aswell

thanks, better change some of my offers!

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Brady's gone so.
    Hope Cam didnt take that Oakland offer!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

If I release a player now, does the penalty that will be incurred actually matter?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yes, counts against your cap for upcoming season.

Did I get anyone other than Josh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Raoul wrote: »
    If I release a player now, does the penalty that will be incurred actually matter?

well it will be taken from the cap space that you'd be freeing up...thus 10million cap space saving with 2 million penalty! leaving you with 8m to spend

• Advertisement

Ah crap. :( Was hoping I could get rid of a few players. So basically you need to look at cap space free - penalty to see how much you would actually get to spend on a new player?

Sorry, I just turned off the xbox. I need to know who gets JJ Watt ASAP. I could do with spending a load of my cash on other guys if he isn't joining.

How do people know who they got already?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Raoul wrote: »
    Ah crap. :( Was hoping I could get rid of a few players. So basically you need to look at cap space free - penalty to see how much you would actually get to spend on a new player?

Sorry, I just turned off the xbox. I need to know who gets JJ Watt ASAP. I could do with spending a load of my cash on other guys if he isn't joining.

Yeh basically! and JJ Watt won't decide till the end of 3rd round id say. Too many people in on him so he'll just wait

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Perhaps a stupid question, but I'm not near my Xbox for a few days and I can't tell from the Website... But any players I had bids in for that didn't sign, are those bids rejected, or are some ongoing?

Think I had bids in for Watt and Newton, for example.

Edit: Post above pretty much answers my question. Just weird that the website doesn't show me as being in for them.

The_Gatsby wrote: »
    How do people know who they got already?

Some players only have one or two teams offering them contracts so they can decide quicker.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Madden bugged out so didn't have any access really to FA in stage 1,all my 1st choices in positions are gone now in Bailey,Thomas,Okung and Murray,cpu did sign RG Arkin for me though......he was promptly released :pac:

Is it a maximum of 4yrs or can we offer more?
    Cos Newton is looking for 7yrs

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Max of 4

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Didn't realise that, for some reason.

Can't get to Xbox until tomorrow, and the website I find useless. Won't even show some of players I'm looking for, and won't let me edit bids that I have in.

Here's hoping nobody signs, now. This offseason could be a balls.

Are we advancing at 6?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

guns4all wrote: »
    Are we advancing at 6?

Yep

Yep

Ur on the ball today Heli!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

guns4all wrote: »
    Ur on the ball today Heli!!

He must be going on the beer

Sadly not rock!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Sadly not rock!

I hear ya

• Advertisement

Well just when I thought the Chargers off season couldn;t be more messed up I forgot advance was at 6 today,only got on just in time to withdraw all the cpu contracts that has been offered(6 year deals) but missed out on Kerrigan and Jones :(

Apart from welker, no big signings but lots of signings in general

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Sanchez to the Browns. Paddy seemed unhappy with Weeden last season

Chargers gave 4 years 35.6 million to Marshall Yanda RG. Not a chance the Ravens could pay that and so he hit FA

Welker already mentioned, not much else noteworthy

Madden makes defensive ends incredibly cheap, in real life it's probably the most expensive position after QB

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Sanchez to the Browns. Paddy seemed unhappy with Weeden last season

Chargers gave 4 years 35.6 million to Marshall Yanda RG. Not a chance the Ravens could pay that and so he hit FA

Welker already mentioned, not much else noteworthy

Madden makes defensive ends incredibly cheap, in real life it's probably the most expensive position after QB
    That Yanda deal was pure panic,no time to even think about it,got on 10 minutes before advance,fixed the cpu deals,throw in a few quick bids

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

nfl-free-agency-tracker.jpg

The last stage of free agency is upon is and JJ Watt has held visits with the Jags, Falcons, Bears and Eagles. He hasn't made a decision yet, but is expected to announce his next team before tomorrow night. All teams are said to be confident and all visits have gone well.

Aldon Smith is travelling to Foxborough tonight as the Patriots make a last minute move to get in ahead of the Bears, Chargers and Raiders.

The Patriots are wasting no time in trying to replace Brady and are said to have Newton travelling to New England where they will surely lock him inside Gillette Stadium after he left the Bears and Raiders without signing on the dotted line?

Brent Grimes is said to be cooling on returning to Washington after the Texans made a move, but NFL.com say that a return can't be ruled out either. Julius Thomas is favouring a move to the Titans with his agent saying he likes the thoughts of linking up with highly rated young QB Mike Glennon who was acquired in a trade earlier.

In perhaps the most surprising aspect of free agency, it is reported that Alex Smith hasn't even had a visit yet, with teams citing his agent's contract demands as being a stumbling block. Surely he won't get past this last week of free agency?

The Jets are still confident on Vince Wilfork, although the Panthers have made a move after he turned the Raiders down.

Michael Crabtree is one of the most chased free agents, with Browns, Lions and Chargers all making plays, Bradley Fletcher has interest from the Colts and NFC East rivals the Eagles and Redskins, while Orlando Franklin has to decide between the Panthers, Falcons and Lions.

Maurice Jones-Drew has big offers on the table from the Chargers, Niners, Saints and Jets and a move to the Niners would see him only a short distance away from his home town of California, thus they are reported to be front runners. His agent has said as this is his last big deal that money would be a strong motivator however.

DeMeco Ryans was surprisingly cut from the Eagles and has the Bears, Saints, Vikings and Falcons after him.

Overall, the Bears look like being the human team that can make the biggest splash in free agency. If they were to land all three of Newton, Watt and Smith then Vegas say they would likely make them favourites alongside the Buccaneers for the NFC pending the draft.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Paully i think we should set you up as the Irish NFL correspondent, you make it alot more interesting then some of the beat writers twitters'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Looks like I got everyone I bid on! Nicely lined up with my 9 picks to hit roster min size of 53,

Great little write up Paully, makes the league so much better when there are things like this. Unfortunately I don't have the team to research them. But appreciate it. My Cam Newton offer will not get accepted, it is basically the worst offer ever, I just had about a million in cap space left over and didn't want to waste it anywhere else while I had offers on the table for other players so stuck it on Cam.

I'm dying to know what everyone else has offered for JJ Watt. Do players accept contracts solely on the amount of money offered or does the previous seasons record come into effect?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

The_Gatsby wrote: »
    I'm dying to know what everyone else has offered for JJ Watt. Do players accept contracts solely on the amount of money offered or does the previous seasons record come into effect?

All about the cash as far as I can see

Advertisement