Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of new line for eFibre

Options
  • 16-04-2014 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

Hi, inquiring about the cost of new line for eFibre “broadband only package” current eFibre launch deadline 14th May and can you check if it will be available if I provide an existing telephone number in the same premises. Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

hazchem wrote: »
    Hi, inquiring about the cost of new line for eFibre “broadband only package” current eFibre launch deadline 14th May and can you check if it will be available if I provide an existing telephone number in the same premises. Many thanks in advance.
    Hi hazchem

If you would like to send me your current landline number or address I'll check however I may not have this info until efibre launch.

Installation for all efibre packagesis free and I'm unaware of prices so but efibre sales on 1800503303 will be able to assist you with the details on cost and prices.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭hazchem

Hi hazchem

If you would like to send me your current landline number or address I'll check however I may not have this info until efibre launch.

Installation for all efibre packagesis free and I'm unaware of prices so but efibre sales on 1800503303 will be able to assist you with the details on cost and prices.

Thanks

Al
    Thanks Alan PM sent

Hi hazchem

Thanks

Al
    Thanks Alan PM sent
    Just replied now hazchem

Thanks
    Al

Hi hazchem

Thanks

Al
    Thanks Alan PM sent
    Just replied now hazchem

Thanks
    Al
    I must say not what I was expecting see attached from checking availability! 

anyway can you tell from phone number supplied what line speed profile would be available at present?

Many Thanks 

Hi hazchem

Thanks

Al
    Thanks Alan PM sent
    Just replied now hazchem

Thanks
    Al

anyway can you tell from phone number supplied what line speed profile would be available at present?

Many Thanks 

Hi hazchem

I see what you mean and understand your surprise, the attached above should make it more clear that this is in reference to collooney itself and not necessarily Bleachgreen - I will of course raise that to online operations.

The number you gave me is coming up at a different location than the address you supplied and the address I checked. Are you sure you have the correct number for the line you want checked? It's coming up as the old (inactive) number station master house in sligo at present -which incidentally qualifies for up to 17mb speeds.

Al

• Advertisement

Hi hazchem

Thanks

Al
    Thanks Alan PM sent
    Just replied now hazchem

Thanks
    Al

Many Thanks 

Hi hazchem

I see what you mean and understand your surprise, the attached above should make it more clear that this is in reference to collooney itself and not necessarily Bleachgreen - I will of course raise that to online operations.

The number you gave me is coming up at a different location than the address you supplied and the address I checked. Are you sure you have the correct number for the line you want checked? It's coming up as the old (inactive) number station master house in sligo at present -which incidentally qualifies for up to 17mb speeds.

Al
    Thanks Alan PM sent

Hi hazchem

Thanks

Al
    Thanks Alan PM sent
    Just replied now hazchem

Thanks
    Al

Many Thanks 

Hi hazchem

Al
    Thanks Alan PM sent
    Thanks again will PM my mobile on Tuesday for chat.

Hi Alan,

PM sent with mobile number, Thanks

Hi Alan,

Hello hazchem

Thanks for taking my call today. Speak to you again in May.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Alan,

Hello hazchem

Thanks
    Al
    No problem at all and thank you for getting back to me.

• Advertisement

Hi Alan,

Hello hazchem

Thanks
    Al
    No problem at all and thank you for getting back to me.
    You are very welcome hazchem

Look forward to speaking to you again :)

Al

Hi Alan any update on eFibre going live ?

Thanks

Thanks
    Hi hazchem

Would you like me to call you to discuss this again? - of so let me know of a time that suits you:)

Al

Thanks
    Hi hazchem

Would you like me to call you to discuss this again? - of so let me know of a time that suits you:)

Al

Yes you can call me now Alan, Thanks

Yes you can call me now Alan, Thanks
    Thanks hazchem

Let me know when you have your order placed :)

Al

Will do Thanks

Thanks hazchem

Al

Hi Alan just ordered on line 

"eircom Broadband Advanced Unlimited" 

€35 per month, first 6 months
    for new customers*
    €50 per month thereafter.

12 Month Contract

Thanks John.

Hi Alan just ordered on line 

"eircom Broadband Advanced Unlimited" 

€35 per month, first 6 months
    for new customers*
    €50 per month thereafter.

12 Month Contract

Thanks John.
    Hi hazchem

It will take roughly five working days for your order to appear on our systems but you should get an email once it is placed.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Hi Alan,

Just got invoice for line install of Euro 121.93 inc Vat, from a recent post of yours quote "Connection & installation is free from eircom"  should I have been charged ?

Thanks,

John 

Hi Alan,

Just got invoice for line install of Euro 121.93 inc Vat, from a recent post of yours quote "Connection & installation is free from eircom"  should I have been charged ?

Thanks,

John 
    Hi hazchem

That's quite odd, are you sure it's an invoice, sometime welcom letters can refer to this charge but it does not apply - if you could pm me the order number or account number I'll look in to this further for you.

Al

Hi Alan,

Thanks,

John 
    Hi hazchem

That's quite odd, are you sure it's an invoice, sometime welcom letters can refer to this charge but it does not apply - if you could pm me the order number or account number I'll look in to this further for you.

Al
    Thanks Alan PM sent

Hi Alan,

Thanks,

John 
    Hi hazchem

Al
    Thanks Alan PM sent

Hi hazchem

I've Just looked in to this for you - I can assure you that there is no installation charge and the one quoted on the agreement will not be applied.

I can understand that the letter is fairly clear on the charge but a rolling promotion of free installation is in place :)

Al

Thanks for that Alan, phone line installed today now waiting for router delivery and broadband enabled.

John

Thanks for that Alan, phone line installed today now waiting for router delivery and broadband enabled.

John
    No worries hazchem

I'll follow up and keep an eye on the broadband order for you

Al

Thanks again Alan appreciate all the help.

John

Thanks again Alan appreciate all the help.

John
    No problem John, keep in touch and I'll keep you updated

Al

Hi again Alan, broadband up and running now and got a friend to check my line profile it is set at  2048kbps down.

He tells me with my downstream line attenuation of 16.5 db my line would be capable in the region of 18825 kbps so could you get it bumped up to something near that please the exchange is adsl2. 

Thanks again John

• Advertisement

Hi again Alan, broadband up and running now and got a friend to check my line profile it is set at  2048kbps down.

He tells me with my downstream line attenuation of 16.5 db my line would be capable in the region of 18825 kbps so could you get it bumped up to something near that please the exchange is adsl2. 

Thanks again John

Hi hazchem

Hope all is well,

I've looked in to this and I can see that the lower type of up to 8MB was used - I've arranged a technician to change this to Adsl2 and it should be done within a few days. Until then I'm going to arrange for your speeds to be increased to the max ADSL '1' can offer you :)

Al

Advertisement